• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And WE all know that Lame Lizard, Boris Yelling, Chuck Yogurt, Texas Jet Jock, Lawman, Einstein and others are the SAME idiot.

Flip Conroy said:
And WE all know that Lame Lizard, Boris Yelling, Chuck Yogurt, Texas Jet Jock, Lawman, Einstein and others are the SAME idiot.

Yeah, and I am a moderator also.

XRMEFLYER said:
And what I and others have been saying is that in fact it is not a hard minimum. There is a "military equivalent", whatever that means. Maybe there should be a "corporate minimum" as well then, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be.

What we are saying is that it is what it is and potential applicants have two choices. Look elsewhere or get what it takes to get hired. This is not unique in the industry. SWA with the type and Fedex with their multiple internal rec requirements as examples. What you "think is sufficient to learn the 121 side of things" notwithstanding.

BTW Nice Avatar!

Well, you are very correct, it is what it is... But, I find myself in a tough position if I am interested in Airtran... Can't really justify going to a regional to get the 121 time at this point and take a $45,000/year paycut and stop the steady flow of Jet PIC. May just have to look elsewhere.

I would say that unless you have a recommendation and 5000 hours. AT won't even put you in the "right stack". It's just the way they do things here.

BenderGonzales said:
"This place will never go out of business!!"

These words were spoken by pilots at:

Eastern
Braniff
Pan-Am (Pan-Am 2, Pan-Am 3)
Independance
Kiwi
Midway
Jets-Go
Southeast
Great Plains
National
Vanguard
Panagra...

Shall we go on?

You forgot TWA...

fletch717 said:
I would say that unless you have a recommendation and 5000 hours. AT won't even put you in the "right stack". It's just the way they do things here.

oh well, i'll still try, luckily I do have a good recommendation. Can't hurt to try right?

Last edited:
fletch717 said:

I have 6000 hours, 2000+ 121 Jet PIC an internal Rec, have attended an Air Inc Job Fair, with still no success.

what is up with that?

Latest resources

Back