• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don, I'd say AAI is currently cashing those benefits now and will cash much bigger ones- the swa pilots have to connect the dots and play six degrees of Kevin bacon to maybe see the bene's. Fact is, we all think and hope this'll be a good combination. But AAI guys are cashing the goodness now. See the difference? A bird in hand, my friend.

That said I believe the biggest way to ensure this thing is successful is to bring everyone into the fold and working together-
And I fear ALPA has no motivation to facilitate this smooth...

If this deal were called off tomorrow, the reaction in ATL vs the WN crewbases says everything you need to know about who benefits.

If this deal were called off tomorrow, the reaction in ATL vs the WN crewbases says everything you need to know about who benefits.

Maybe it would be more a measure of intelligence and financial acumen. I'm guessing Gary K would be the most upset, while nascent baboons like Baghdad Bob and 400Ahole would be cheering and flinging poop at each other.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me at all. You haven't shown me why I want to work with you, either, buddy.

I'm bidding in the middle of our Captain list, why would I want to trade that for $50K and the dubious privilege of working with people like Bob Dylan, 400Ahole and some of the others on here?

Some of us don't measure our self-worth by our W-2's. . . . And have more to show for it than the ones waving their W-2's.

Last edited:
Then focus on the fact you aren't still in strike preps, Ty. Don't confuse FI with reality- the company-wide culture here is a LOT more than W-2's. And a whole lot less stressful then any airline I've been a part of. Which is 6 of them.

But then again, you might not like it.
Look at that last statement:"personally, it doesn't matter to ME" "I'm bidding 50%. I don't base my life on W-2."
So you live in ATL and have your little niche. Good, I can see how YOU wouldn't want to mess that up- but it's selfish. What about everyone else on the list? What about my friend who's wife has literally gone crazy and has gone through a ringer of a divorce and just got full custody of both kids on an airline schedule and isn't allowed to leave the DC area. Do you have any FOs like that Ty? Where maybe the extra $50k is a lot more than toy money?
What about your guys that are just back on their feet from when AT furloughed them? Think they don't need the money??
I know that AT culture is all about life as a captain- what about making life great as an FO? No big deal to you What about the guys and gals who grew up on the left coast and would like to live closer to family or wave goodbye to the awful commute?

Or is it all about Ty in Ty's eyes?

That's one adjustment the selfish among you WILL HAVE to figure out- bc SWA really doesn't tolerate it.

Last edited:
Then focus on the fact you aren't still in strike preps, Ty. Don't confuse FI with reality- the company-wide culture here is a LOT more than W-2's. And a whole lot less stressful then any airline I've been a part of. Which is 6 of them.

Look at that last statement:"personally, it doesn't matter to ME" "I'm bidding 50%. I don't base my life on W-2."
So you live in ATL and have your little niche. Good, I can see how YOU wouldn't want to mess that up- but it's selfish. What about everyone else on the list? What about my friend who's wife has literally gone crazy and has gone through a ringer of a divorce and just got full custody of both kids on an airline schedule and isn't allowed to leave the DC area. Do you have any FOs like that Ty? Where maybe the extra $50k is a lot more than toy money?
What about your guys that are just back on their feet from when AT furloughed them? Think they don't need the money??
I know that AT culture is all about life as a captain- what about making life great as an FO? No big deal to you What about the guys and gals who grew up on the left coast and would like to live closer to family or wave goodbye to the awful commute?

That's one adjustment the selfish among you WILL HAVE to figure out- bc SWA really doesn't tolerate it.

If you keep putting all of this logic and positivity stuff into the thread, they'll kick you off FI.

I could say the same thing to you, sister. What makes you think you deserve my seat?

:bawling: I'm not making 1960 money, even though I might be getting a $5000 a month raise at a MORE stable Company. :bawling: "its just not fair" :rolleyes:

Wave, you need to read things in context. Some a-hole is telling me how much they would rejoice if this thing tanked . . . some other d-bag is promising us we'll be furloughed or sold off, and you come down on me for responding for myself, and not the FO's of AAI? Spare me the sanctimonious b.s., please. :rolleyes:

Anyone that knows me knows that I championed the cause of the FO's throughout our 6+ year contract negotiations, even though I was a CA for all of it.

My point, since you obviously missed it, is that I could care less if this goes through, too. Don't think that we're all so frigging agog at the thought of working with some of the attitudes I see here. Clearly, the People Dept aren't infallible. :laugh:

Wave, you need to read things in context. Some a-hole is telling me how much they would rejoice if this thing tanked . . . some other d-bag is promising us we'll be furloughed or sold off, and you come down on me for responding for myself, and not the FO's of AAI? Spare me the sanctimonious b.s., please. :rolleyes:

Anyone that knows me knows that I championed the cause of the FO's throughout our 6+ year contract negotiations, even though I was a CA for all of it.

My point, since you obviously missed it, is that I could care less if this goes through, too. Don't think that we're all so frigging agog at the thought of working with some of the attitudes I see here. Clearly, the People Dept aren't infallible. :laugh:

TY,

If you ever played sports you would know its just pride brother. No hard feelings. One Luv baby! LOL!

My point, since you obviously missed it, is that I could care less if this goes through, too.

Ty! Because you and I are THIS close to being civil with each other I'll withhold what I'm wanting to say - but you're a pretty good mind reader! :D

Gup

Latest resources

Back