AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never believed that.

But I'm already lobbying for the RSW pilots to get a 40% pay increase with the next SLI.

Yeah, along with an equity stake akin to the DL/NWA deal. Talk about us getting hosed even more! Even the trannies got SWA hard earned equity for "being bought!

:puke:

Just got this info from the school house this week. I don't know if this has been posted yet but we were told that the AirTran 717 Capt's will have to undergo 6 weeks of training and be held to the same standard as the new hires off the street for type rating purposes. They'll get typed and then hit the line for 25 hours of IOE. Training was asking for 100 hrs but that was rejected. Once successfully completed they will go back for the full 3 week captain upgrade course. That's 2+ months in Dallas not counting the IOE time.

AND there you have it with regards to "AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades"

That process is going to take a looooooong time. Those more senior Trannies that came over earlier will have an earlier shot...if they run that many upgrade slots.

So basically double everyones years of service at AirTran . That would give you your seniority at SWA

Not sure why they did not do that . It seems fair to me :)

Sidebar. SWA was not growing because the CEO was right sizing the airline for merger .

Relative seniority knows no years, it knows percentage. that's it. That's why it is generally more fair. As far as your sidebar, bless your heart.

?never mind. Off to more important things. Pilot Knob?.out.

Last edited:
Just got this info from the school house this week. I don't know if this has been posted yet but we were told that the AirTran 717 Capt's will have to undergo 6 weeks of training and be held to the same standard as the new hires off the street for type rating purposes. They'll get typed and then hit the line for 25 hours of IOE. Training was asking for 100 hrs but that was rejected. Once successfully completed they will go back for the full 3 week captain upgrade course. That's 2+ months in Dallas not counting the IOE time.

A bunch of senior 717 guys flew the 737 at airtran or other airlines so they're already typed. I think they can handle the same standard as guys off the street.

A bunch of senior 717 guys flew the 737 at airtran or other airlines so they're already typed. I think they can handle the same standard as guys off the street.

Tell it the Feds and the company. They're calling the shots.

Latest resources

Back