• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A bunch of senior 717 guys flew the 737 at airtran or other airlines so they're already typed. I think they can handle the same standard as guys off the street.

Yep. The guys with 3 or 4 digit AirTran employee numbers were AirTran Airways guys (remember the old "manatee" callsign?). They flew 737 Classics, then when those went away (2000) they transitioned to DC9 and/or 717.

Lottery winners....but too Proud of AAI to admit it....

Too a man and woman, we all hated keeping any seniority. Too bad american ruined it when they bought TWA in bankruptcy. Also when you work for a company you should not be proud of your accomplishments or your companies accomplishments. Like AirTran. I tell everyone I know how horrible SWA is.

Relative seniority knows no years, it knows percentage. that's it. That's why it is generally more fair.
Absolutely incorrect. The only way that relative knows no years is if you merge two groups that are exactly identical in age and that is of course absolutely impossible.

If 1000 pilots are placed in front of me on a list and they average 10 years younger than the pilots that were there before, please tell me what that does each and every year they don't retire at the same rate that the others would have.

THANK YOU HOWARD

This is what every air tran pilot who refuses to understand what junior FO's at SWA lost in this deal will not see. (Key word: will- they're capable- they just won't.)
Not even a signing bonus or raise to take the sting out.

Latest resources

Back