• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots, who ya voting for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Voted for Peck and I am not looking back. I went to the recurrent lunch last week, was not impressed, and decided that I didn't want to grow up and be a disgruntled AirTran pilot like what I witnessed. Negotiations need to be conducted professionally and not based on egos and personal agendas. I blame both sides for the lack of progress and both management and the union should be ashamed of what's taken place. I voted like I voted in the recent congressional elections. I voted the incumbent out. It's time to let Peck take a swing at the plate.

You might have as well voted for Klaus for NPA President. Same thing. With Peck there won't be any swinging.

Dave is a great guy. I loved having him in the cp office. As a union pres I'd have to say no. Vote for Allen.

Dave is a great guy. I loved having him in the cp office. As a union pres I'd have to say no. Vote for Allen.

I 2nd that. Peck was also nominated by N. Porier who is big buddies with Kolski. That scares me.

Voted for Peck and I am not looking back. I went to the recurrent lunch last week, was not impressed, and decided that I didn't want to grow up and be a disgruntled AirTran pilot like what I witnessed. Negotiations need to be conducted professionally and not based on egos and personal agendas. I blame both sides for the lack of progress and both management and the union should be ashamed of what's taken place. I voted like I voted in the recent congressional elections. I voted the incumbent out. It's time to let Peck take a swing at the plate.

I fully respect your decision to vote for who ever you want. However if you are saying what I think you are saying, you're just plain wrong.

From the very beginning, the NPA has negotiated in good faith and with the memberships best interests in mind. The company, on the other hand has done nothing but create one stumbling block after another.

They have demanded concessions, demanded the removal of our lead negotiator, showed up to mediation not prepared to discuss the topics as outlined by the mediator, demanded the removal of certain outside legal council, and most recently pulled their own offers off the table if the NPA doesn't disassociate themselves with the current media relations organization (even though there has been a media blackout for months now).

Now is not the time to change leadership, especially to the candidate management wants (and probably had a hand in). There are a lot of people here who believe management had something to do with Noel being elected over 9 years ago. He gave away every contract dispute, every one. Don't be surprised if they are doing it again.

The conflict of interest is so obvious, I can't see past it. Dave will be required to go face to face with Klaus/Kolski to defend our contract when they inevitably attempt to dismantle it. How can he be expected to do that in an unbiased manner when he fully expects to go back to the training department, as a check airman, and possibly sim instructor, examiner. These positions are appointed by the same people he will be expected to argue with on our behalf.

"ALLEN BY A LANDSLIDE!!"

If we get the same voter turnout as last time (less than half) then it doesn't matter who wins. Management will know that the guy sent in (whoever it will be) does not have complete support, and the support he does have is nominal at best. If everyone here wants a true victory then you have to do what you can to make sure every eligible pilot votes!

As far as who you voted for....this forum is not the best place to campaign........just my humble opinion, I have been wrong before.

Murphy:

Let me get this straight- you voted for a Management Pilot for Union President?

Your choice, but do you really realize you have cast your vote for management? Have you been buying Klaus' propaganda, or what?

Who do you think benefits from dragging out the contract negotiations? I'll give you a little hint- it ain't Allen.

We will get a deal when Management decides signing a deal is less painful than not signing a deal. Plain and simple, and blaming Allen for the delay just says you've been swilling the koolaid a little too long and hard and been fooled by their tactic of demonizing the NPA leadership.

I mean, really, get a clue.

Thankfully, most of the pilots I talk to tell me they have voted for, or intend to vote for Allen.

Of the few that say they are voting for Dave Peck, they are usually FO's who came from crappy regionals, and they think this is "as good as it gets", and remember Dave P. because he did their Indoc . . . . when I ask them if they have read the Company's offer (available on the NPA web site) they all say, "no" :rolleyes: .

The few CA's who are voting for management are on "the list" . . . need I say more?

It would be poetic justice for those twinkies if the Management Pilot was elected, but I sure as hell hope not, only because I would have to work under that scenario, too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back