Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

-9Capt

AirTran Pilots:

Dave Peck is a good guy, but do you really want a management pilot for union president? Can you say "a conflict of interest".

Allen by a landslide!!
http://allenphilpot.com/

No question . . . easy choice.

Allen has done a very good job of making the NPA more organized, more professional, more transparent and more effective union. The membership needs to re-elect him by a landslide to show support and unity.

The other candidate has been a managment pilot for the last 7 years, and emerges from the Training Center to run for office? Wonder whose idea that was? Klaus . . . . . . or Kolski?

You can't write fiction stranger than that.

I have not decided yet. Both are good men. The thing I do not like is the two who... Never mind, not for here.

I haven't decided yet either. I'm still waiting to hear what Allen's take on Reserve pay concessions are. That will determine my vote. It will also determine every other reserve's and FO's vote.

Allen!

I like Dave, but this is not the time to change leadership, especially in the company's favor.

Allen Philpot!

For those on the fence: why would you even consider a management type to represent us? Dave was a likeable CP and a is likeable instructor... either is hardly useful in day-to-day union work and at a very critical time for every pilot on the property. He was also on the company's side of the table during the last contract negotiations. Didn't we already have 3 management pilots as presidents or didn't we learn?

Also, let's have a better voter turnout than we did last time.

I'll have to check to see if I get to vote (only on the property for two months). I think Dave is a nice guy, but I'd have to get my head examined if I voted for a candidate so closely integrated with management. Bad feeling about that situation.

NPA Voter turnout.

Allen's done a great job on several administrative fronts in a difficult environment. I don't know Dave so I'm going with what I know. I do think that we lack solidarity/participation however. I may have read this wrong, but while voting online I viewed the previous election results and the voter turnout appeared to be between 20-30%. If thats the case I'm afraid whoever is elected will preside over a very apathetic/fractured group. Spread the word......VOTE for somebody,anybody just VOTE.

Voted for Peck and I am not looking back. I went to the recurrent lunch last week, was not impressed, and decided that I didn't want to grow up and be a disgruntled AirTran pilot like what I witnessed. Negotiations need to be conducted professionally and not based on egos and personal agendas. I blame both sides for the lack of progress and both management and the union should be ashamed of what's taken place. I voted like I voted in the recent congressional elections. I voted the incumbent out. It's time to let Peck take a swing at the plate.

Latest resources

Back