• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Opens App Window April 1st 0900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not exactly true. Pilot CASM at Airtran is about 10% of total CASM and the amount of money we are talking here is in the tens of millions of dollars per year. QUOTE]

Based on last years numbers(2009) SEC filings. Airtran's total labor costs were 488 million. With 23,9294,117 ASM's that comes to 2.10 CASM for labor. With the current proposal(based on last years numbers) it would in icrease labor CASM to 2.35. 11% increase in labor costs. They can afford it.

Get your facts straight before you spout off what you know nothing about.

There are about 20 ex-Eastern guys left on property. That's out of 1700 total pilots. Do the math dumba$$. That's 0.012%.

Actually, it is 1.2%. If you are going to call someone a dumbass, you should at least do the math correctly yourself (so as not to make yourself look like the dumbass!!).;)

look at Alaska pay rates and most likely a dollar or two off them...that heck alot better than regional pay.

Actually, it is 1.2%. If you are going to call someone a dumbass, you should at least do the math correctly yourself (so as not to make yourself look like the dumbass!!).;)

My math is correct.

20/1700= 0.011764 rounded up to 0.012 in decimal form (what I posted) which is the same thing as 1.2% in numerical form.

I shouldn't have put the percentage sign on the decimal form though because it is implied, so you got me on that aspect of it.

Man isn't that the truth.

Nothing against AirTran pilots but your pay scales are killing the industry average for size of aircraft. I know that you are in a heated contract right now and are doing something about it but you have so far to go. With most regional get captains having been at the regionals so long due to lack of hiring this decade I would bet they would fair better to stay where they are. It would take 15 years to make back lost money for a regional captain at a good regional with your pay. Most are old enough for that to be a deal breaker. Good luck.

Snicker ..........

Are you the tool DAL Captain who lectures AirTran jumpseaters ? If not ... Enjoy the 15 year upgrade on a DC9 and thanks for the support.

I have never seen a more placid kool aid drinking group than DAL. Bend over and enjoy.

My math is correct.
Huh??? 0.012% is NOT the same as 1.2%. One of them is 100 times greater than the other. Quite an error in most people's books! And I could care less, only pointed it out because you were calling someone a dumbass, based on your incorrect math.

I disagree. DALPA has done the best they could do with the hand they have been delt. An 1113 ruling by some anti labor judge would have sent DAL payscales to kingdom come. I think they negotiated in order to avoid some judge from setting his/her agenda on the group. They avoided a disaster. Very prudent in my view. Also, being a FO at DAL does not always mean food stamp wages. I predict that they'll do even better in their next contract. Perhaps even fixing some of the scope issues.

AAI payscales are bringing down the industry average. Like it or not, it is what it is. I know that the pilot group has finally got it together and are putting up a formidable fight. I doubt there's anyone in the pilot community who will not support you in that venture. AAI's benefit will eventually be everyone's benefit, directly or indirectly. That's the way it works. Again, wether we like it or not.

It is my hope that the pilot group is unified and that you show the community for the first time in a long time how it's done. You have many advantages that some of your predecessors did not have. One; ALPA needs a big win. Two; you now have all the resources you may need. Three; your company is profitable. They show that by the filings and their executives' compensation packages. Four; you will get to use the only real weapon a pilot group has if need be, a strike. You now have a NMB that has an open ear for labor. I can't honestly say we had that in the last nine years. When it's all said and done, the ball is your court. I suspect you'll make good use of it.

Based on last years numbers(2009) SEC filings. Airtran's total labor costs were 488 million. With 23,9294,117 ASM's that comes to 2.10 CASM for labor. With the current proposal(based on last years numbers) it would in icrease labor CASM to 2.35. 11% increase in labor costs. They can afford it.
Using your numbers of a cost increase of $0.0025 per ASM, our new contract would cost Airtran around $60 million per year (based on 24 billion ASMs per year). Add on top of that $35-40 million for signing bonus. Airtran management ain't going to fork over that kind of money without a fight or serious threat of work stoppage. The strike vote is going to be a crucial step in convincing our management we are serious. The next 3-6 months is also a great time to be topping off your strike savings fund.

Latest resources

Back