Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran has reached a tentative agreement!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know. I've been trying to back off the posting of my personal opinions on the SLI issues because, in part, of my Moderator status.

I'm not on here all day. There might be several opinions both directions posted before I get online to say something (I do fly a full schedule). Sorry if it appeared that I was only responding when something was posted I didn't agree with, just happened to be the timing.

Thanks for addressing the issue, I understand. I don't want to be confrontational, honestly, I just want to welcome you guys to the family.

Good luck with the TA, whichever way you hope it goes ...

I do hope you realize how good our contract is, and not just the compensation ... more days off on reserve, no standups, no domestic codeshare, premium reroute pay ... it just goes on and on.

It's right around the corner, we're ready for ya'll! Let's kick some double breasted butt!

Didn't say it took a while to convert the document, I said emailing a document of that size to 1,800 or so pilots would be a lot for the server when, in all likelihood, only about 1/3 of those pilots will download the whole thing and only about half of those will read more than Section 4, 7, and maybe a little bit of Section 5..

I'm kinda surprised that section 1 isn't a bigger deal to ya'll. I know you have RJ codeshare, are you happy with the limits?

Just read the TA summary...... SPIRIT+1, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kinda surprised that section 1 isn't a bigger deal to ya'll. I know you have RJ codeshare, are you happy with the limits?
No. It's been a source of great contention on our internal message board when it was released a couple months ago.

Thanks for addressing the issue, I understand. I don't want to be confrontational, honestly, I just want to welcome you guys to the family.

Good luck with the TA, whichever way you hope it goes ...

I do hope you realize how good our contract is, and not just the compensation ... more days off on reserve, no standups, no domestic codeshare, premium reroute pay ... it just goes on and on.

It's right around the corner, we're ready for ya'll! Let's kick some double breasted butt!
I'm definitely all for that! There's a few things in our contract that I hope we keep but, overall, I definitely do like the vast majority of your contract... good stuff. :)

So what's your overall preliminary take on it Lear?
I'm not crazy about it, to be honest. They took some of the pay geared towards the CA and gave it to the F/O's, so now the CA's don't even get COLA raises. I'm really unhappy with Section 1 (the Scope issues), although Section 5 appears, on the surface, to be a vast improvement (haven't gotten into the language yet, will probably wait until my trip on Monday and grab a hard copy so I can start analyzing in depth).

I still won't be voting yes simply because we have a contract hostage out and I think that's unacceptable. I understand the legal implications of why, but if the company were to settle his OSHA case (either by reinstatement or by monetary settlement), I'd probably vote yes.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy when the Southwest deal is finalized, as I didn't get into this career to do union work; I got into this career to fly, have a good time, and go home, so I'm looking forward to just flying the line without worrying about a contract, but the harsh reality is: we're not going to get another bite at the apple this time around. Between the NMB and Southwest, the fight is pretty much gone out of this pilot group as far as a contract, and everyone is pretty much saying they want a little coin, a little quality of life improvement until Southwest happens, then get a fair deal with the SLI and move on.

So yes, I'm thinking it will pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back