Airtran dropping Midwest??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyWolf

A lot of indications in the market shows that airTran will not renew the offer tomorrow, I think they will wait till the meh annual meeting.

Tomorrow should be very interesting, for one, we will be able to see how many shares have been tendered.

Wolf,

It will be interesting to see what happens to MEH's stock if AAI drops out. We'll see if it was being boistered by the recent expansion proposal Hokesema announced a few weeks ago, or if it will return to the pre-AAI offer level.

I still think it is a good deal for both of our airlines, but I can definitely understand the trepidation that both pilot groups have.

Good luck to everyone involved.

Thanks twepilot, yes just read it has been extended, wow, 1.77 million, didn't think the number will be that high at the current offer, but again what do I know :)

TV9, I know, we were at $9 pre-merger news, and our stock have taken a beating the last few days, everyone thought that AAI is dropping the deal.

News worth mentioning, MEH ALPA have formed a merger committee and also established a merger fund.

I agree with you TV9, best of luck to all of us involved in this deal. Both companies are good airlines that work hard to survive.

Cheers

With AirTran having 1.77 million shares and electing three members to the board, is an indication AirTran will be sticking around in MKE for the long haul. AirTran has extended its offer to April 11, 2007. What does this truely indicate, I don't know. But again it will all come down to the shareholders in the end.

Latest resources

Back