• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran DRC - judgement !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh my GOD PCL we agree on something. Not sure what union those other guys belong to but SWAPA is weak. GK and MVDV don't give a rats behind about the employees. Believe me there are a few here that see this. Unfortunately SWA does a good job at hiring those that fall in line and cheerlead. Our union does not stand up for the pilots and gives away every bit of leverage we have to be nice with GK. They are a joke. It is sad that they NEVER learn their lesson. Just look at our 19-0 club idiots. Willing to fast stamp anything GK wanted and get nothing in return.

I'm loathe to say this, but PCL gets it. Too many of our current SWA pilots do not, but as the old cadre is starting to disappear, we are STARTING to begin to get it as a group. We ARE a legacy carrier, management does not luv us, and we will declare CH 11 sometime in our future careers. Simple as that. The sooner we get that through our thick skulls, the sooner we'll act like a union and protect ourselves.

Wow. I actually agree with PCL on his last two posts. You nailed it!!
:D

I have to agree.

Shootr- that's hyperbolic BS -
How many airlines have you worked for?
In any case your glasses you see the world in are tinted negative-
Doesn't make for a happy pilot- which is why I chose the place.
As for AT- don't pretend like you weren't pointing the gun as well- like many said, PCL gets negotiations- air tran had a smaller gun, but you were pointing it threatening to do your best to ruin the culture if you didn't get your way (relative) - many of you still are posing those threats-
At the end of the day none of us got what we thought we deserved and we all have our case- but I don't believe in carrying grudges on from negotiations- bc we have another negotiation in process right now and I just won't give my soul to my industry. Collective bargaining is what it is-
Move on, fly well, live well

Wave,

I chose SWA for the same reasons you did. Oh, and I'm actually a fairly happy/go lucky kind of a guy. I'm naturally uptight but know it and don't let the small stuff bug me much, anymore. I don't actually bitch that much and I don't vote no on everything. But I am realistic.

If you think anything I said in my prior post is not dead on accurate or at least reasonably true, you're living with blinders on. Our management will furlough you in a heartbeat if they think it'll help them get a higher bonus. The time just hasn't come, yet. Wake up man.

I'm awake, actually know these guys and you're full of it.
They had their chance to furlough in 2009 and didn't, and it would've saved them money.
They believe they purchased some pilot loyalty. They wrong?
Ever work at a legacy? Bc I have and we aren't there yet. It's that simple. We have an accountant for a CEO and all the "personality" and risk aversion that goes with it- but he has protected our wages and our jobs so far in not a great time-
I wish he was a more charismatic leader- I do- I have criticism - but to say we're a legacy just isn't accurate
We're laying the foundation for something a lot bigger and it requires a lot of work which leads to stagnation while resources are directed that way-
Check the mission statement that changed this year- "world's most loved, most flown carrier"

Key word there- as pilots it's frustrating bc we can't do much to lay that groundwork except be good and efficient and don't fight the changes so much when international stuff comes up- the rest isn't in our hands, but relax- we're getting to that 15% Wall Street is liking us again after a decade and there's a reason for that

Yup. Ahh, the good ol' days. :D

What's SK up to these days? Can't exactly picture him in retirement . . . not exactly the "On Golden Pond" type. :laugh:

You'd be surprised. Lots of fishing and spending time with the grandkids. It's a bit disturbing, actually. :)

Latest resources

Back