• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airTran Directors voted in, Midwest wants to talk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually Midwest being the surviving carrier is not all that far fetched. After all VJ bought Airtran, and Airtran was the surviving carrier...
...same with America West/US Air. Our mgt has a lot of experience in doing just that. This whole TA fight could be "much ado about nothing."
AWA/UAir is a very good analogy.

America West didn't have the cash to do the transaction, they went out and found investors and, although the name changed to USAirways, the management team at AWA was retained as were the headquarters, so the AWA contract was the one that was implemented, even though it was more expensive to do so and resulted in some pay raises for the narrow-body pilots at UAir.

This is very similar, where we ARE the acquiring carrier, we will be retaining our management team and headquarters, and just changing the name would likely, when taken to court, not be enough to constitute calling Midwest "the surviving carrier".

I can see it now, "Yes, your honor, we at AirTran purchased Midwest as shown on the SEC filings, but really we are *merging* and we absolutely intended for Midwest to be the "surviving carrier". What? No, sir, we haven't changed our headquarters. No, sir, we haven't changed our management group. No, sir, we haven't changed our seating configuration to match Midwest or dumped our signature "XM Satellite Radio", but we painted the airplanes. Really, we ARE Midwest..."

I've seen some management groups do some creative stuff, but I sincerely doubt they'd be able to pull that one off.

As for us getting our shiznit straightened out, don't count on that, the BoD doesn't even support, let alone represent us.
That's part of what I'm talking about "straightening out". Just gonna take a while...

AAI integrating what MEH does best (providing top notch service) is what they should do.

could it also be that the 717's are coming up for heavy checks and MEH has an awarded heavy maintenance facility???

AAI integrating what MEH does best (providing top notch service) is what they should do.
Ain't gonna happen. At AirTran we strive for mediocrity. It's too expensive to be the best and we don't want the bad press of being the worst. Middle of the pack, below thet radar, never let 'em see you coming. That's the MO, it seems to be working and it probably won't change anytime soon.

Ain't gonna happen. At AirTran we strive for mediocrity. It's too expensive to be the best and we don't want the bad press of being the worst. Middle of the pack, below thet radar, never let 'em see you coming. That's the MO, it seems to be working and it probably won't change anytime soon.

Meatie Oaker! Dats waht dem Middies call dem trees an stuff up in Chedder Land an stuff.

Naw bro, we gotz dat Ole Taco Bell thing goin on an stuff, like ole Ty Guy be sayin.

Duude, me an ole Ty jus gotzs ta know wehn yoo peeps up North gonna be swillin da brewskis wit yer peeps from da Ay Tee Ellll!!

Dis MidTranny Thing is like da sweet kharma da me an da boyz be tawkin bouts!

AWWWW YEAHHHH!!!

Lear Cat, hows da mergie list cummin?

Meatie Oaker! Dats waht dem Middies call dem trees an stuff up in Chedder Land an stuff.

Naw bro, we gotz dat Ole Taco Bell thing goin on an stuff, like ole Ty Guy be sayin.

Duude, me an ole Ty jus gotzs ta know wehn yoo peeps up North gonna be swillin da brewskis wit yer peeps from da Ay Tee Ellll!!

Dis MidTranny Thing is like da sweet kharma da me an da boyz be tawkin bouts!

AWWWW YEAHHHH!!!

Lear Cat, hows da mergie list cummin?
BEST!!!

Where u been, my brudda from annudda mudda?

That's Brad and dem cats working on dat merger lizt, and I gotsta finish up this whole reasons to tell dem crazies where they can shove dat T.A. thing, not that we NEED any more 'scuses.

Not gonna need dat nohow, we's all gonna just sit down over some of Milwaukee's best and hammer that shiznit out with some strippers and alcohol... ;)

BEST!!!

Where u been, my brudda from annudda mudda?

That's Brad and dem cats working on dat merger lizt, and I gotsta finish up this whole reasons to tell dem crazies where they can shove dat T.A. thing, not that we NEED any more 'scuses.

Not gonna need dat nohow, we's all gonna just sit down over some of Milwaukee's best and hammer that shiznit out with some strippers and alcohol... ;)

Duuude!! I likez saw like dat TA an stuff, and likez I jus started swillin like big time, yknow likez drownin my pain wit Purple Passion in a paper bag an stuff. It didnt make dat TA any bedder, but dat TA made me so sick an stuff likez I jus hadz ta call in sick bro, cauze likez thinkin boutz drivin dat RJ aggain was like freakin killin me!!!!!

I heardz yoo and da catz wuz like goin off at da roadie showz and stuff. Naw, bro, da las thing I wantz ta give ta likez dem Midddies is a contract da be looking like da poopy and smellin like da poopie. Dude, I aint wantin ta taste da poopie, cauze like on my last trip wit ole Ty Guy we tried somma dat and dude, it aint tastin like chicken ifn ya dig waht Im sayin.

Duude, I still betz dat eatin poops is gonna be mo better den like votin fer dis ole TA. Ole Nancy Raygun, who I still thinks is a mega hottie, says "Jus say No, jus say No"

Thankz Nanc!!!

AWWWW YEEAHHHHH!!!

Thats Priceless.....

It seems to me that Forklift Joe has a hard-on for Midwest and will do whatever it takes to make this his legacy.......(irregardless of the costs)

Joe may end up high and dry as Dougie Parker with the poison pill attachment........

No offense, all the rhetoric Joe is spewing makes me think this is all about ego, not smarts.....PIT=no luck, MDW=outbid by SWA, MKE=lets buy the locally loved carrier that doesn't want to sell........

Rome burns (i.e. a POS pilot contract) while I go get Midwest.....

Don't let him get away with it until you get yours

I've always thought that...so many things it seems we could make better but we just stick with what we have.....like you said...not the worst but not close the best either. Sometimes I've just thought quit being so conservative and do something spectacular....

Obviously 8 years in a row of profits...new airplanes, growing route map, job growth is wonderful...but some of the behind the scenes stuff is a joke.

Latest resources

Back