• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sample pay rates from failed AirTran TA.

5 year Capt DOS $129 DOS +3 $135

5 year F/O DOS $77 DOS +3 $81

8 year Capt DOS $142 DOS +3 $149

8 year F/O DOS $85 DOS +3 $89

Top Capt pay at 15 years DOS +3 $183

Top F/O pay at 12 years DOS +3 $100

Sample pay rates from failed AirTran TA.

5 year Capt DOS $129 DOS +3 $135

5 year F/O DOS $77 DOS +3 $81

8 year Capt DOS $142 DOS +3 $149

8 year F/O DOS $85 DOS +3 $89

Top Capt pay at 15 years DOS +3 $183

Top F/O pay at 12 years DOS +3 $100
Oh, and don't forget the pay CUT of $10 an hour for new-hires that was proposed in failed T.A. #1 (I don't have my notes to see if it went away in T.A. 2).

Things 3 years ago were a far cry different for reserves than they are now. I had a pretty decent quality of life, was able to drop/swap reserve days pretty well down to about 14 days off a month and still flew 70-75 hours, had a few days off on weekends here and there, sat Ready Reserve at the airport ONCE in over a year and that was after a trip I got called in on that they canceled and I was already there.

Things changed VERY dramatically for the worse from a Quality of Life standpoint after the Christmas debacle of '06 and as negotiations ramped up. I suspect that once negotiations are over (assuming a decent contract is brought), it will probably be a decent place to work again. However, you'll have to suffer through strike preparedness if you come now, and maybe even the actual strike, if management can't figure out that the pilots aren't kidding around...

As a probationary pilot, it's typically ALPA's position that you don't have to jeopardize your job by refusing to fly during a strike. They rely on the majority of non-probationary pilots to make so FEW pilots available to the company that WILL cross a picket line (and I estimate at AirTran it's about 10%, as was previously mentioned), that there's not enough pilots to reasonably fly ANY of the schedule, maybe 10-15% of the daily departures, max, and that's not enough to keep the airline going, thus forcing management to come to a reasonable agreement.

The next 6-9 months is going to be a stressful time for AirTran pilots. As others have said, if you have a decent job somewhere now, you might want to stay put and keep swimming in the pool until 2011 when the next slated deliveries come. However, if you're willing to risk the aggravation of long-term reserve life and the very real threat of a strike,,,

Good luck to you, whichever way you choose to go! :)

The smart ones at AT are saving money for a strike. Unfortunately the FO's don't make enough here to save much, but even they are doing the best they can.

Latest resources

Back