• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran 1st Quarter results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The usually profitable summer months will prove to be a loser this year because of the continued spike in fuel prices.

As long as fuel prices don't continue climbing, the spring and summer months will be profitable for us at these fuel prices.

AirTran is toast! If you work there, start looking for another job. Sorry, but this is true.

Life of LCCs are going to be terminating slowly here.

I see your current position in your profile is "doggiestyle." I'm betting you're the "catcher" in that position.

A consulting gig for SFR!

I predict, within the next 4 weeks, the next 2 airlines to file for BK protection are Airtran and Spirit... in no particular order.

And I predict that you will be shown for the moron that you are . . . .

Wait . . . . that's already happened! :laugh:

AirTran usually loses money in the first and third quarters . . . . due to our heavy north-south flow and higher percentage of leisure travelers.

We would have to have another three or four quarters like this one to erode our cash position enough to even contemplate it, and the 2nd and 4th quarters would likely yield small profits, even given today's fuel prices.

While these are tough times, they are tough times for all carriers, and odds are that AirTran will be around longer than most in this environment.

And, for SFR- here's your first "Consultant" job- there's a plugged up toilet at the crashpad on Virginia Avenue that is need of your assistance. :laugh:

Last edited:
AirTran is toast! If you work there, start looking for another job. Sorry, but this is true.

Life of LCCs are going to be terminating slowly here.

They are on your list right, SFR? If that is the case I would be looking for another job if I worked at Air Tran, because this joker seems to be dialed in!

And, for SFR- here's your first "Consultant" job- there's a plugged up toilet at the crashpad on Virginia Avenue that is need of your assistance. :laugh:

I'm betting that he's far more familiar with having his own holes plugged.

Orlando is incompetent period, we have the lowest CASM in the industry and THEY STILL CAN'T MAKE MONEY!!!

There is the real chance that because negotiations are coming up they are manipulating the numbers.....but even if they are, we should still be doing alot better we have always been weak in RASM

Latest resources

Back