• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran 1st Quarter results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly. Better see some damned good FO rates in that next TA. I certainly won't be agreeing to subsidize fuel costs with my pay.

does not this counter your discussion about top heavy seniority from the other thread?

does not this counter your discussion about top heavy seniority from the other thread?

Negative. Our copilot payrates are already below industry standard. Simply bringing them up to industry standard would be a big improvement.

Thats the only way we can fill the planes. If we to raise the fares by 20 dollars - instead of 122 paxs we would have 109 paxs. Do the math it is better to keep the prices low in this scenario. We can't get more paxs into a plane, at a higher price, until the SUPPLY is decreased.

Which means we need to pray for others to bring down capacity. Then we can added the 5 or 10 dollars to our fares.

Do you seriously think our MGMT. is so dumb that they don't understand this????!!!!!!!

PS no one ever buys a bus ticket across country. Almost all tickets are sold for trips of less than 300 road miles. Your comparison is silly. Are you BD?

YES, (to your mgnmt question)

Why does Southwest get an average of 15.00 more per airfare Jackoff I guess you'd better tell them about your supply theory honestly you are a moron!

YES, (to your mgnmt question)

Why does Southwest get an average of 15.00 more per airfare Jackoff I guess you'd better tell them about your supply theory honestly you are a moron!

Southwest can get $15 more per ticket because Southwest Airlines has alot greater brand recognition than Airtran Airways. I am sure that Southwest.com gets alot more hits than airtran.com (thus more demand). Most people in this country still have no idea who Airtran is. I usually tell them we are the Southwest airlines of the southeast. They usually understand that.

I think we get the majority of people to ride us the first time based on price alone. It is then our job to give them a decent experience (ontime with bags and a smile) so then they choose us the next time they fly. This process takes time to build brand. It took Southwest airlines for than 20 years to get where they are, and it will take us some time too.

Latest resources

Back