Airnet, Flight Express, MRA,Mid-Atlantic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NE Texas area (Dallas)...

Try GTA (I think they are now owned by Telesys)
TexStar (also i think Telesys now)
Projet (maybe also Telesys now...not sure)

So in short... try looking up Telesys...not a great company, but a flying job.

I would avoid those three companies at all cost. Go and talk to them, then look at the airplanes. Most are pretty ruff, I know freight planes are not the prettiest but you have to draw the line somewhere. GTA has a good ol bonanza with parts from two diffrent planes, the front cowling is in a diffrent paint scheme then the rest of it. Looks like they just mix and match.
I think mra jumpseats with SWA, EJT,DHL/ASTAR, UPS, and a few others.
Check out Midatlantic, ive heard good things or Check MRA for a dallas base. If you knida but nor really want to be home check Cherry.

GTA is not owned by anyone but the G in GTA, but they have moved to Lancaster. the mixed bonanza colors were a result of a ProJet plane running into their wing on the ramp a few years back.

ProJet is the same company in the same spot, but just changed their name to Telysis Trans Air. they are the only one of the three that i know is hiring right now. both of the above companies are basically married in as much as 90% of the freight they carry are thru Telysis.

Texstar is (to my knowledge) still owned by Mr. H. although their structure is of concern, as i hear MRA has been covering more of their routes than usual as of late.

MRA and MDC may soon be one and the same company. whether thats good or bad, i dont know. its also my understanding that a few of the MRA pilots left and went to the three above operators, so dont discount them so quickly, multi time is multi time ;)

Thanks for all the responses. I've talked to people in Greenville, Paris, Sulphur Springs, Mt. Pleasant, and a friend of mine at Dallas Love. But I haven't spoken with any of them within the last few months. I know I haven't been aggresive enough with it lately, but I got pretty discouraged. Now it seems like everybody is hiring again. I'll get with all of them again, and try to open some new doors in the Dallas area. My wife and I had another good heart-to-heart, and I think we're very close to committing ourselves to this again.

I met Mr. H, Texstar (Texas Charter or National then??) guy in '97 for about an hour on business. Seemed like a nice guy. A couple of fatal accidents that seemed VERY preventable kinda scared me off from his company though. Likewise, stories of pushing pilots into bad weather with not enough fuel turned me from looking into GTA or Telysis. I must admit though, it's tempting to look at them anyway. I've heard mostly good about MRA and Airnet. Mr. Bates didn't tell me about their jumpseat agreements. He just warned me that pilots lose their job for being late at MRA. I bet Dallas is very senior at MRA. Seems like if I'm going to commute, I should go all out for Airnet twin time. Especially if they are more commuter-friendly. Which would work better, commuting to Airnet or Commutair?? Who is MDC....Mid-Atlantic??

Thanks for all the info guys. That's what this board should be about. The way things are looking, I may actually get to fly with some of you one of these days. After all, if the itch won't go away, I may as well just embrace it!

well, if thats the last time you talked to Texstar, its now Mr H's son that runs it (someone correct me if im wrong) but im pretty sure Mr. H still has his hands on the reins somewhere along the line.

as for the fuel thing, i wont deny that any of the three will try and nudge you into odd situations, but ive yet to meet or hear of anyone who was fired or let go for standing their ground in a situation in which safety is paramount.

MRA does in fact have a pretty lengthy jumpseat list, ill ask around and see exactly who is on there now. but their chief is right, you cant take the chance on being late, and jumpseat just isnt real conductive to their ops. DFW used to be senior only, but since they got rid of floater pay, alot of the newhires have been getting DFW right out of ground school.

and yes, MDC =MidAtlantic ;)

Latest resources

Back