• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The question is....

Do you want to pay 30% tax on 100,000
or
pay 40% tax on 200,000/yr.

Not sure if many pilots like the Pilot Salary Reduction Act for the BK era enacted by the GOP Congress and Bush WH?

Anyone?

I rather just pay 23% tax-inclusive on new goods and services rather than 35% on income tax, and the social security tax, and the medicare tax, and the gift tax, and the capital gains tax , and the alternative minimut tax, and the self-employment tax, and the death tax.;)

I'm not sure of what you law that was passed that you speak of.

Last edited:
My point is...

if you have a labor friendly Admin, the chances of getting a better contract quicker are real. What one has to consider how much better will that contract be? It will only be as good as ones pilot group is unified...

We influence more than we think.... if we play the politics right...

My point is...

if you have a labor friendly Admin, the chances of getting a better contract quicker are real. What one has to consider how much better will that contract be? It will only be as good as ones pilot group is unified...

We influence more than we think.... if we play the politics right...

Definitely, I just don't connect the dots on BKs and the republican congress or the Bush administration.

Definitely, I just don't connect the dots on BKs and the republican congress or the Bush administration.

During the Clinton Admin, there was a relationship btw ALPA and the WH. Not so during the Bush Admin....

So if, the BK era happened during a Pro labor Prez and Congress do you think there would have been more, less or the same pain on labor?

Keep in mind that when ALPA sent out a questionaire during the Kerry/Bush election and recently for Prez 08, only the pro pilot/labor candidates responded.

This is important, because when the issues are being addressed at least ALPA knows who will return calls and who won't.

Will we get want we want 100% of the time with Pro labor/pilot politicians?? of course not... are our chances better if we get a return call or if we are snubbed?

I, at least, want a return call and the opportunity to build relationships...

During the Clinton Admin, there was a relationship btw ALPA and the WH. Not so during the Bush Admin....

So if, the BK era happened during a Pro labor Prez and Congress do you think there would have been more, less or the same pain on labor?

Keep in mind that when ALPA sent out a questionaire during the Kerry/Bush election and recently for Prez 08, only the pro pilot/labor candidates responded.

This is important, because when the issues are being addressed at least ALPA knows who will return calls and who won't.

Will we get want we want 100% of the time with Pro labor/pilot politicians?? of course not... are our chances better if we get a return call or if we are snubbed?

I, at least, want a return call and the opportunity to build relationships...

I agree with you for the most part. I just dont see how an independent judiciary is going to be swayed by any relationship the WH has with unions. All the BK proceedings were in front of a judge and not the president. These judges apply BK laws in rendering their decisions.

Now if you want to try to change BK laws to help unions, then yes, having a dem president can help. But more importantly, having a dem congress will help.

Keep in mind though that not everyone votes with their job/career as their number one issue. We all have competing interest and must prioritize them when we cast a vote.

As for the questionnaire, I Obama's responses (or lack thereof) where interesting.

Keep in mind though that not everyone votes with their job/career as their number one issue. We all have competing interest and must prioritize them when we cast a vote.

The ability to go to a secure location, call it your own, stock it with your stuff, be comfortable, shower and wake up refreshed isn't a number one priority? If not what is more important?

As for the questionnaire, I Obama's responses (or lack thereof) where interesting.

Agreed!.... I am not saying that the pro labor candidates are wunderbar! but at least there are pro labor....

The ability to go to a secure location, call it your own, stock it with your stuff, be comfortable, shower and wake up refreshed isn't a number one priority? If not what is more important?

Security is just ONE issue out of dozens. I'm just saying everyone has different interests in mind and must prioritize them. Not everybody votes their job/career.

In the end consumers will determine pay in the airline industry

Latest resources

Back