Airline Pilot Retirement Figures Posted:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
767-300ER,

Nice work! I posted below the ATA "B" fund retirement plan for you for plan year 2004. There is a range from 4.5% to 7.5% for the current year. Each year of our current contract the rate goes up but who knows what will happen with the current contract negogiations that are going on right now. The company has asked for "assistance" and wants to freeze the contract at the 2003 rates/wages/benefits/etc. The range right now for the "B" plan for year 2004 is 4.5% to 7.5%.

There are 3 categories:

1. Less than 6 years of service.........4.5%
2. 6 years to less than 12 years.......5.5%
3. 12 or more years of service...........7.5%

(If retirement funding stays the same by 2006 the range will be from 5.5% to 12%).

Last edited:
Thanks for the corrections, guys! I've updated the site.

767-300ER said:
http://www.airlinepilotpay.com

Let me know if I screwed anyone's figures up!

I love the site. Just one suggestion, though. Would it be possible to get a little more specific on the retirement plans? For instance Alaska'a A Plan is the average of the best 60 months of your last 120 months, times years of service (no maximum), times 1.9%.

I think some airlines take the best three years of the last five. Some put a cap on how many years of service you can count, etc. There may not be any need for all that, but just a suggestion.

By the way, Alaska does have profit sharing, and a B-Plan with 3% contribution. There is no 401K match, they put 3% in your B-Plan regardless of what you contribute.

Last edited:
North American does have profit sharing and a 401k match.

they also have an approx 20 % override pay for the IO, IRP, 3rd pilot, what ever you want to call it...

ex. first year FO...54.35 hr....first year IO 64.89.....10.54 overide.

Latest resources

Back