• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huck

CLEVELAND (AP) -- A commuter plane carrying 74 people ran off the end of a runway after landing at the Cleveland airport Sunday, an airline spokeswoman said. No injuries were reported.

The flight, traveling from Atlanta to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, landed around 3 p.m., said Thonnia Lee, a spokeswoman for Delta Air Lines Inc.

The flight was operated by Shuttle America, a Delta connection carrier, she said. Lee said she did not know what caused the plane to leave the runway or how far it went off.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Can you say Delta flight.....

The news says "Delta Flight" and since the general public can't distinguish between the two, the end result is the same as if the mainline pilots were at fault.

CLEVELAND (AP) -- A commuter plane carrying 74 people ran off the end of a runway after landing at the Cleveland airport Sunday, an airline spokeswoman said. No injuries were reported.

The flight, traveling from Atlanta to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, landed around 3 p.m., said Thonnia Lee, a spokeswoman for Delta Air Lines Inc.

The flight was operated by Shuttle America, a Delta connection carrier, she said. Lee said she did not know what caused the plane to leave the runway or how far it went off.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Your article even states it was a commuter aircraft not operated by Delta.

O.k guys, back off a little, I flew for a Delta Connection carrier for four years, I know the difference.

I posted the article in the majors board because some Delta guys come here and don't cruise the regionals board.

Tell you what, take a look at this picture, see if it doesn't have anything to do with Delta:

Cleveland picture.

Last edited:
So what happened? I only have heard the WX was not the best at the time but from what I remember the runways are quite long there so why the overrun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back