• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France represents what an airline should be like

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've ridden on Air France many times and the service level of riding in coach on AF is at least equal to or often better than service in biz class or first on US carriers. Face it, for a number of reasons, we are way behind most of the world in cabin service.

Better cabin service all the way into the ground.

Don't forget the wingtip art left on airport buildings everywhere - not to mention complimentary RJ tail alignments.

For the people making random attempts at making Air France look like their safety record is any worse than the rest of the industry, put up or shut up. One would think that most pilots look at things more objectively than what is implied by some of these idiotic posts.

Flying is riding the bus in the US. In America, SWA has reduced flying to riding the bus and in Europe Ryan Air has done it.

I like the government intervention in the Air France/KLM model. What about the 2001 $5B the US government paid the airlines? I liked that too. I wish the US government did not hate the pilots so much it would not have issued the other $10B in loan guarantees! The US airlines would have been in perfect shape if the $10B had been issued.

Every carrier would have newer airplanes, better pay, more pilots, and the mergers would have happened five years ago instead of five years late!

Air France represents what air travel should be like. Every foreign carrier in the world gets it. Look in the customs lines and tell me what you see?

35 year old captains who will retire at 55, 15 young female flight attendants, sharp uniforms which were company issued and pressed. And these crews will be traveling to five star hotels for long restful overnights.

I know you would rather have a 65 year old captain and a 59 year old FO wearing bomber jackets with their guts hanging over their belts, with two gay guys and a grandma who all look like they have been awake for the last two days, waiting for 45 minutes for the Super 8 van, for their nine hour overnight, so they can take the 0600 departure back to their rat hole of a hub so they can all get their commute flight home the next morning. Yea baby!

Wake up!

I know you would rather have a 65 year old captain and a 59 year old FO wearing bomber jackets with their guts hanging over their belts, with two gay guys and a grandma who all look like they have been awake for the last two days, waiting for 45 minutes for the Super 8 van, for their nine hour overnight, so they can take the 0600 departure back to their rat hole of a hub so they can all get their commute flight home the next morning. Yea baby!

Wake up!

Yea, well, about that what you call grandma, I'd hit it. My bomber jacket is so comfortable waiting for that van in the winter. Don't understand you P90X cult people talking bout my gut. Going to the local gas station and picking up a couple 24 oz for the room. I'll never surrender like Air France.

I'll never surrender like Air France.
Since you sound so tough, Keyboard Cowboy, why don't you visit the graves of the 250,000 Frenchmen that lost their lives during the 40 days of the Blitz and tell them what a bunch of useless cowards they are. It is like disrespecting our boys in Nam who had to put up with ill leadership and politics.

George Orwell made a great point: Ignorance is strength. You just proved it!

Last edited:
Since you sound so tough, Keyboard Cowboy, why don't you visit the graves of the 250,000 Frenchmen that lost their lives during the 40 days of the Blitz and tell them what a bunch of useless cowards they are. It is like disrespecting our boys in Nam who had to put up with ill leadership and politics.

George Orwell made a great point: Ignorance is strength. You just proved it!

Spoof re-read my post, over

Latest resources

Back