• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Cargo Carriers and UPS Flowthrough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That must be the same ceo trying and promising you guys all atr fleets for past 10 yrs. These dip s..ts will say anything to thier employees so they can make them stay longer.

Talked to several managers and someone in HR last year about giving ACC and others the possibility of interviewing at UPS. They all seemed open to the idea and felt that ACC had a lot of quality pilots to interview from. I don't know if this is related, but I do hope that they consider the possibility of at least giving them an interview.

During my stint at SDF in the cafeteria (after we got thrown out of the sleep room for a loud snoring captain) I would talk with several UPS pilots and the general consensus was to get 121 PIC time.
ACC is a great company and I think it is one of the better 135 gigs for sure, but I'd say to go from there to UPS would be slim at best. Good luck though- rum

Talked to several managers and someone in HR last year about giving ACC and others the possibility of interviewing at UPS. They all seemed open to the idea and felt that ACC had a lot of quality pilots to interview from. I don't know if this is related, but I do hope that they consider the possibility of at least giving them an interview.

Keep dreaming. There are quality pilots all over, in all kinds of different companies. The fact is that UPS has THOUSANDS of well-qualified applicants sitting there waiting for a call.

I hope UPS gives every good pilot an interview. That ability is limited by flow-throughs and exclusive hiring agreements.

I think they know this, and you cats can rest easy knowing that someone is feeding bull into the system to keep people compliant.

sounds to me like a bunch of crap by big brother to keep his workers in line. last i heard you needed lots of time in a heavy crossing an ocean to even meet mins.

I am not going to argue who is a better pilot, but why is so hard to believe that a pilot flying a shorts is not a good stick. Hand flying day in and day out without the use of an autopilot sounds like someone that can fly anything. The biggest aircraft that I had flown prior to UPS was a Hawker 800 and jumping into the 757 and 767 was no big deal. ACC has a lot of great pilots and I am not just talking about their flying abilities. UPS will be looking for domestic pilots in the next couple of years and the pilots at ACC would have to be competitive in Total time and PIC time to get the job. Just my opinion, but I feel that someone coming from a well structured 135 operation makes for a better pilot than those coming from regionals. Just my opinion of course.

Keep dreaming. There are quality pilots all over, in all kinds of different companies. The fact is that UPS has THOUSANDS of well-qualified applicants sitting there waiting for a call.

I hope UPS gives every good pilot an interview. That ability is limited by flow-thoughts and exclusive hiring agreements.

I think they know this, and you cats can rest easy knowing that someone is feeding bull into the system to keep people compliant.

I am not going to argue who is a better pilot, but why is so hard to believe that a pilot flying a shorts is not a good stick. Hand flying day in and day out without the use of an autopilot sounds like someone that can fly anything. The biggest aircraft that I had flown prior to UPS was a Hawker 800 and jumping into the 757 and 767 was no big deal. ACC has a lot of great pilots and I am not just talking about their flying abilities. UPS will be looking for domestic pilots in the next couple of years and the pilots at ACC would have to be competitive in Total time and PIC time to get the job. Just my opinion, but I feel that someone coming from a well structured 135 operation makes for a better pilot than those coming from regionals. Just my opinion of course.

I used to work at Airnet... heard the same 'ra-ra' chants about flying skills and blah blah blah. It takes more than hand-flying in IFR to be a good pilot. And I'm not saying that ACC doesn't have some great pilots... I'm sure they do. But are ALL of them the type of guys that UPS pilots want to spend hours and hours with in a cockpit?

I still think there are good pilots and bad pilots everywhere. Flow-throughs and exclusive hiring rigs are a bad idea, in my opinion.

I only said they should be given a shot at an interview with UPS not flow-though. There are only a few pilots that I personally know at ACC that would not fit into the UPS pilot group.

Latest resources

Back