Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DJS said:
Pu-ya-loop.

And in case anyone wanted the lyrics to the song, here they are. That little jingle is apparently permanently branded into my mind:

"Saw a duck and chicken, down by the farm, kickin up the hay and raising such a storm, that I asked the farmer what they was up to...he said, Puyallup, that's what they do...you can do it at a trot, you can do it at a gallop, you can do is so slow that your heart don't palpitate....so don't be late...do the Puyallup"
Begin the beguine!!!

Main Entry: be·guine
Pronunciation: bi-'gEn
Function: noun
Etymology: American French béguine, from French béguin flirtation
: a vigorous popular dance of the islands of Saint Lucia and Martinique that somewhat resembles the rumba

Skwim

Wang Chung said:
Thanks, dude. That'll take about 24 hours to clear out of my head. And unless you're from Western Washington, you'll probably never guess how to pronounce "Sequim."

The last time I flew into Sequim (to go hiking on the peninsula), there was about 30 kt headwind out of the west. I felt like I was landing a helicopter rather than a 172.

avbug said:
A few folks have asked from time to time about air attack jobs. Presently Interstate Avaition in Washington (pullyup, I think) is looking for air attack pilots for the summer. Just a heads up.

DJS said:
"Peeyu-allup"?

That was fun, but Interstate Aviation is in Pullman, which is a lot easier to pronounce. I'm not sure what they're flying right now. I know a couple of guys who flew for them, and I know the owner; I think they're a good outfit.

Latest resources

Back