Air Attack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avbug

A few folks have asked from time to time about air attack jobs. Presently Interstate Avaition in Washington (pullyup, I think) is looking for air attack pilots for the summer. Just a heads up.

Puyallup?

For those calling this company, pronounce it "peeyu-allup". Then again, it is fun for us to listen to people trying to pronounce it.

Do The Puyallup!

Do they still play that annoying "Do the Puyallup" jingle on the radio when around Puyallup Fair season?

Yes they do. And it stays stuck in my head for the next several months afterward.

Pew-al-up

imacdog said:
Puyallup?

For those calling this company, pronounce it "peeyu-allup". Then again, it is fun for us to listen to people trying to pronounce it.

"Peeyu-allup"?

That's not very nice. I live right down the road from Puyallup and while funny pronunciations of local towns (Sequim, Humptulips, etc.) is a favorite pastime in these parts (mostly due to early settler mispronunciation of native American names), it's not cool to mislead someone trying to get a job. So anyways, the real pronunciation is:

Pu-ya-loop.

And in case anyone wanted the lyrics to the song, here they are. That little jingle is apparently permanently branded into my mind:

"Saw a duck and chicken, down by the farm, kickin up the hay and raising such a storm, that I asked the farmer what they was up to...he said, Puyallup, that's what they do...you can do it at a trot, you can do it at a gallop, you can do is so slow that your heart don't palpitate....so don't be late...do the Puyallup"

Thanks for engraving that song in my head again ;). That probably is a better way to write the pronounciation, though I was trying to write it down so it didn't read like "poo" ;). That's why I don't write for dictionaries. Some of the towns on Vancouver Island are even more fun to try and pronounce.

....and I guess all this discussion was for nothing anyway, as I just saw they are based in Pullman.

DJS said:
".....you can do it at a trot, you can do it at a gallop, you can do is so slow that your heart don't palpitate....so don't be late...do the Puyallup"

Thanks, dude. That'll take about 24 hours to clear out of my head. And unless you're from Western Washington, you'll probably never guess how to pronounce "Sequim."

I didn't know there was an Air Attack contractor in Pullman...

Latest resources

Back