• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65, here it comes tomorrows WSJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While we're at it, let's increase the retirement age of our cops and fire fighters to 70!!!! We'll be so much safer....

Heck, with that argument, we should make all surgeons, pilots, and firefighters retire at 45. Doubt there are too many healthy over 50 year old firefighters out there who can carry a 200 pound guy down a flight of stairs.

Seems to me that the logical thing to do would be allow over 60 guys to serve as FO . . . . that would accomplish 3 things:

1) They wouldn't be stansding in the way of anyone's upgrade

2) Only the ones that truly need the money would be willing to work for FO pay.

3) Guys at the regionals will be pushing for higher pay in the RJ's, since the majors will need less newhires for five years.

Seems to me that the logical thing to do would be allow over 60 guys to serve as FO . . . . that would accomplish 3 things:

3) Guys at the regionals will be pushing for higher pay in the RJ's, since the majors will need less newhires for five years.
Eggggxactly right.

Eggggxactly right.

Great Idea. Ty Webb for FAA admin.

<chlosterol>

<diswualifying>

Just heard from a well connected source --- The FAA is going to require a spelling test for all Class II & I Medicals.

:bawling:

Sorry, wrote it very early on a very small laptop keyboard. If you are the grammar and spelling police I suggest you look at my other posts and see how many spelling errors there are. But, regardless of my typing mistakes, more difficult medical standards WILL be coming if the age goes up to 65. Will you be able to pass? Take a look at medical standards in Europe.

Latest resources

Back