• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65, here it comes tomorrows WSJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it's kind of funny to me how many of the captains I've heard complaining most loudly about the unfairness of the age 60 rule seems to lean kind of Republican. These are the same types of people who complain about the undue influence of the United Nations in world affairs (you know the type; the ones who grumble "the US can't be pushed around by some international organization"). However, when it comes to age 65, the position of ICAO becomes their cornerstone argument.

It's not funny at all. In fact it is very congruent with their position...that of self determination of when to retire...not a government imposed mandate (as of 1959). ICAO is just relaxing their mandate.

While we're at it, let's increase the retirement age of our cops and fire fighters to 70!!!! We'll be so much safer....

What do y'all expect from an administrator that isn't a pilot? She's an investigator.

Yet another empty kitchen. :rolleyes:

Oh and just so that there is no thread drift, working to age 65 blows.

Just wait till the new medical standards are released to go along with the higher age. Blood tests each time, High chlosterol will probably be a diswualifying condition. Probably half the over 40 pilots won't be able to pass the harder medicals.

Just wait till the new medical standards are released to go along with the higher age. Blood tests each time, High chlosterol will probably be a diswualifying condition. Probably half the over 40 pilots won't be able to pass the harder medicals.

<chlosterol>

<diswualifying>

Just heard from a well connected source --- The FAA is going to require a spelling test for all Class II & I Medicals.

:bawling:

There was a letter to the editor in a recent issue of Aviation Week & Space Technology (with the F22 on the cover). It basically said increased medical standards wouldn't be an issue for over-60 pilots, because this gentleman had "airline pilots have a reason to keep themselves in shape. I've never seen an overweight, sloppy airline pilot." (paraphrased)

I needed a good laugh...

Latest resources

Back