• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ADIZ moves ashore

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is amazing how close minded some of you are. Here we are, about to send hundreds of thousands of our fellow Americans in to war... they would sacrifice their lives if their country asked them too.

I suggest we as civilians, pilots or not, also have faith in our government and what they are doing to try to protect us. Like I said I am a instructor in MD, and this ADIZ will make my job a lot more difficult, but not nearly as difficult as the men and women who are in the middle east right now facing a war.

It really, really pisses me off to see you people bitching and moaning about the TSA, the FAA, and our government and how they are out of control. How soon you all have forgotten the events of 9/11.

generaltso said:
It is amazing how close minded some of you are.
What does thinking the fed govt is taking our freedoms have to do with being close minded?!

Here we are, about to send hundreds of thousands of our fellow Americans in to war... they would sacrifice their lives if their country asked them too.
SO WHAT! That's exactly why they're going, to preserve our way of life. Our way of life includes personal freedoms and liberty, not to mention the right to pursue happiness. There's no connection between questioning decisions made by the feds and supporting the members of our armed forces.

I suggest we as civilians, pilots or not, also have faith in our government and what they are doing to try to protect us.
Being civillians, it is precisely our right and responsiblity to question all authority. I would argue that government bureaucrats rarely do anything to protect us, but they do act to protect their domains and jobs. To assume anything else is naive.

Like I said I am a instructor in MD, and this ADIZ will make my job a lot more difficult, but not nearly as difficult as the men and women who are in the middle east right now facing a war.
And the point of this comparison is?

It really, really pisses me off to see you people bitching and moaning about the TSA, the FAA, and our government and how they are out of control.
Well, too bad chief. Hopefully, one day you'll look back and be thankful people challenged unchecked authority. I sure hope you don't look back and wish you'd have spoken up, when it's too late.

How soon you all have forgotten the events of 9/11.
the event's of 9/11 are irrelevant to this discussion. It is now obvious to most Americans that several groups of fanatics want to kill us all. We now have to defend against this without giving away everything that makes us Americans. Otherwise, they win.

BTW, the problem is with our borders. As far as I know, none of the people who hijacked planes in '01 was a citizen and many were here illegally. As was one of the DC area shooters.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back