• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Accelerating 737 from Airtran to SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
*36 of 88 717s have been delivered to Delta or are in process, with approximately 30 more
scheduled this year. The remaining fleet will be parked (except occasional ferry flights) after
December 28, 2014.

* 23 of 52 737s have been converted to Southwest or are in process. All 737s are expected to be
converted or in process by the end of 2014. 737 scheduled service is expected to end by
December 1, 2014 (except occasional ferry flights), with November 2014 being the final 737 bid
pack

*Classes of 24-28 will start weekly beginning January 7, 2015 until all Pilots have begun training or are on
leave. The final conversion class for active Pilots will begin by the end of the first quarter of 2015.

There will be many guys with months off with pay.

You will love the 6 sims and a TYPE oral?Don't expect Airtran type training!!

Just my 2 cents?

They will fly Airtran planes till the last possible date?BAG FEES..
Yeah upgrade and be on reserve for the next 10 years?see why it would go JR!!!

Wonder if the check airman will hold up a picture of Branson Missouri runway and ask , can you identify this ? Seriously dude, AirTran type training ? You just denigrated several thousand fuk kin pilots.

Hearing Air Tran guys complain is laughable, you guys are all very lucky, count your blessings that you now can say you fly for a reputable/top end carrier like SWA.

I'm an outsider but seriously quit whining; Air Tran was circling the toilet...

Excellent point. I found your post particularly convincing given your remarkable background. If you have any more career wisdom I hope you won't hold back.

Smothered or covered ?

Posted By aviator82 -

Seeing if anyone has any info about Waffle House flight dept.

Posted By Aviator82

Does anyone have any info on Grand China Express? I am looking at the contract position on the ERJ. Thanks

That's right we work at AirTran! The best airline ever. Look 12 days off next month. 5th year FO gets 97 an hour with all 12 days off. Suck it SWA you can't handle this awesome. Hey Delta I see your 115 an hour and lower 20 bucks! We are ALPA!!!!

That's right we work at AirTran! The best airline ever. Look 12 days off next month. 5th year FO gets 97 an hour with all 12 days off. Suck it SWA you can't handle this awesome. Hey Delta I see your 115 an hour and lower 20 bucks! We are ALPA!!!!

I'm sorry SWA didn't draft you. But getting traded isn't so bad!

Uh, not to ruin a perfectly good rant or anything, but you do reaize the lines are built in Dallas now, not Orlando..... your wrath may be a little misplaced. :D.

I don't like the offerings this month, either, but it's not surprising ... one of the unfortunate realities of a shrinking fleet.

Excellent point. I found your post particularly convincing given your remarkable background. If you have any more career wisdom I hope you won't hold back.

Smothered or covered ?

Dude. Seriously, get it right.

It's "scattered, smothered, covered and chunked." (That's with onions, cheese and ham chunks). C'mon, Dicko, what's the matter with you? Have you never been to the Waffle House?

Bubba

Uh, not to ruin a perfectly good rant or anything, but you do reaize the lines are built in Dallas now, not Orlando..... your wrath may be a little misplaced. :D.

I don't like the offerings this month, either, but it's not surprising ... one of the unfortunate realities of a shrinking fleet.

That, my man, I hope to never be part of again....
I feel for you guys still there

Dude. Seriously, get it right.

It's "scattered, smothered, covered and chunked." (That's with onions, cheese and ham chunks). C'mon, Dicko, what's the matter with you? Have you never been to the Waffle House?

Bubba

I have. Unfortunately it seems that a visit to Waffle House, always seems to coincide with degraded memory. :p

Latest resources

Back