Accelerating 737 from Airtran to SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Citrusflyer

Looking for any truth to a rumor that has all the 737s over to SWA, from the Airtran side, by November. Anyone else hearing this?

Always has been... All part of the side letter between swapa and gk. No later than September. Upgrade as many as possible for perpetual reserve and no Captain slots for years to come due to the dilution of the lines and flattish growth to chase the coveted 15% ROIC. Maybe gk has a secret up his skirt and there will be monstrous growth but they can't even get the pilots to get the IPads in the time frame allotted. It will be interesting to see what happens.

More rumors from the bar at the Wyndham, an more fodder for the SWA haters - I wonder if PCL is awake yet?

Hearing Air Tran guys complain is laughable, you guys are all very lucky, count your blessings that you now can say you fly for a reputable/top end carrier like SWA.

I'm an outsider but seriously quit whining; Air Tran was circling the toilet...

Always has been... All part of the side letter between swapa and gk. No later than September. Upgrade as many as possible for perpetual reserve and no Captain slots for years to come due to the dilution of the lines and flattish growth to chase the coveted 15% ROIC. Maybe gk has a secret up his skirt and there will be monstrous growth but they can't even get the pilots to get the IPads in the time frame allotted. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Back off on the ipad comment, the mounts are sitting in the office in DAL. When were you told they would be here, May? It's May.

Hearing Air Tran guys complain is laughable, you guys are all very lucky, count your blessings that you now can say you fly for a reputable/top end carrier like SWA.

How is this complaining? He asked a question about the glacial pace of the transition to see if any extra effort was going to be made to at the final hour. I haven't heard anything. Maybe after a month or two of going down to MBJ the company will speed things up.

You can't seriously be surprised that out of 6,000 pilots not everyone has bought the iPad and and registered the software. 2 week obligatory extension for the slackers and then it's removal from flight status. Just like when every airline went to DL for recurrent.

Welcome to FI's newest Village Idiot. You sound about as intelligent as those fools discussing the Malaysian jet on TV.

Make sure to voice your worthless opinion to every AirTran pilot you meet... Hope it's me.

Last edited:

You are a tool. I don't think many AirTran pilots were ashamed to admit that they flew for AirTran!!

Latest resources

Back