• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Boneyard Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey b707, when were you at KGUS ? I was in the 68th ARefS '61 - '65. It was BHL then. Are some of those 9's original Delta's ?

Hey b707, when were you at KGUS ? I was in the 68th ARefS '61 - '65. It was BHL then. Are some of those 9's original Delta's ?

Just a wee bit later- '87-'91. The Hustlers were there at Bunker Hill during your stay, if I remember? Would love to have seen/heard/felt them fly!

Thanks for the link, TWA!

The squadron designation changed from 68 to 305 about 2 months before I left.
I still haven't found out if any of the ABX DC-9's were ex-Delta planes.
The B-58's were something to watch on takeoff. Whenever there was a MITO exercise scheduled, off duty people would drive out to the base just to watch.

The squadron designation changed from 68 to 305 about 2 months before I left.
I still haven't found out if any of the ABX DC-9's were ex-Delta planes.
The B-58's were something to watch on takeoff. Whenever there was a MITO exercise scheduled, off duty people would drive out to the base just to watch.

N900AX -> N905AX were ex-Delta. Don't know if any of them have been cut up yet. I used to have a list of the serial #'s and the ex-Delta ship #'s around somewhere. I doubt I can find it now though. It's been rather a long time since I flew the -9's.

900AX--904AX (our first 4 DC9's) came from Delta.
905 was an ex-Evergreen freighter I believe. Don't know thw tail numbers that went to Grissom.

Is 900ax the only one in the abx paint job? Are the remaining 9s and 76s going to be painted as abx or dhl?

Latest resources

Back