• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Boneyard Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The sale refered to to, i think is actually the 'put' in the ACMI. Dhl had know choice.

My guess is this is a chop chop at the Evergreen air center, not long term storage!

My guess is this is a chop chop at the Evergreen air center, not long term storage!

I dont think so, but who really knows? The rest of the fleet that were chopped up were at Grissom. Why send them to the boneyard for scrap when you already have done it so close to home?

I think they may end up as scrap, but there is a reason they went there.

p.s.- especially how efficiently Grissom worked. They were all lined up and less than one month later not one remained. Shocked many as to how fast they chopped so many aircraft.

Last edited:
At least some of the elevators from the 9s went to Motoart (from the show Wing Nuts a few years ago) to become desks or conference tables. You too can own a piece of ABX!

The rest of the fleet that were chopped up were at Grissom.

Are you talking about good old KGUS Grissom? I flew tankers there years ago. Never knew they did chop shop work there now. Must be a nice deal for jobs in the area. It wasn't exactly depressed at the time, but it wasn't booming either.

Haven't flown over it during daylight hours in a long time, but if I had, I sure would have been wondering what all those planes were doing there!

Jurassic Jet

Your Avitar has/can cause severe carpal tunnel syndrome. May be to my "power grip" ref:http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp04004.htm

Bought a set of those a while back and havent seen them in years. Hope someone is having a good time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back