• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI Pilots Expectations for January 2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My bid was fulfilled a year ago, TBA717 CA. I have been in my awarded position for almost a year. At the present time, there is no method for me to transition. I cannot bid transition classes. Something will have to change. Bids are opened, equipment locks released, some new combination all of the above. I fully expect to be sent home at the end of 2014, when they park the remaining 717s. With pay, without pay? Who knows, nobody is saying.

For the outside observers who wonder how we got screwed so badly in this deal, just read the above and realize that it's written by one of the guys on our Merger Committee who was supposed to be fighting for us. Kind of explains it all, doesn't it?

Oh Waaaahhhh! At least you have a job. Stop whining and start being thankful you have a job and at a great company, one that is going places. There are so many highly skilled aviators who aren't near so lucky as you. I am so tired of the complaining. Get with it!

My bid was fulfilled a year ago, TBA717 CA. I have been in my awarded position for almost a year. At the present time, there is no method for me to transition. I cannot bid transition classes. Something will have to change. Bids are opened, equipment locks released, some new combination all of the above. I fully expect to be sent home at the end of 2014, when they park the remaining 717s. With pay, without pay? Who knows, nobody is saying.

Good post.

Given that there will be some 1100 plus left to transition in calendar year 2014, it does seem unlikely that they will complete everyone by 1-1-15 with current process in place. It is possible that the company decides to issue IDs to those remaining in the late fall with class dates tbd thereby "completing" the transition on schedule. But really, who knows. I'm sure they will let us all know when they figure it out.

The input certainly is a lot better and I appreciate that although the vitriol still exists from both sides and doesn't seem to be doing much to help arrive at answers.

Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well and PCL, duly noted. I just assumed since you had so much to say about the list prior to the vote you would now as well. Sorry.

I'm trying to specifically figure out the mechanics of how things are going to work in 2015. Or, at least the mechanics of how y'all envision seniority will work (immediately) in 2015. It seems cut-n-dry but there are an awful lot of training events that will have to take place for it to work and I don't see our training center pulling it off.

Has anyone run the numbers on the AAI side and questioned the ability for the deal to go down as signed? Trying to get info from swapa is like trying to pull teeth. They just keep saying the company says it will work.

Thanks for the responses. Regarding the pay reduction in line flying what's to keep you from transitioning now?
My take away from talks is at some point they pull the plug and cease all AT operations. Is that at 10 planes, 20, who knows.

April SWA starts the international runs. I don't think it will take more than six months to prove it isn't anything anyone else hasn't done, and therefore, ramp up will increase to swap all international to SWA side by Dec 2014.

Last edited:
It will be with full pay if they park the jets.

Oh Waaaahhhh! At least you have a job. Stop whining and start being thankful you have a job and at a great company, one that is going places. There are so many highly skilled aviators who aren't near so lucky as you. I am so tired of the complaining. Get with it!

i know alot of guys who'd like to swing gear for a 150k plus a year
QOL only matters if you're senior cause you can hold it, if you're junior you know you have to eat a few turdpies...

For the outside observers who wonder how we got screwed so badly in this deal, just read the above and realize that it's written by one of the guys on our Merger Committee who was supposed to be fighting for us. Kind of explains it all, doesn't it?

Funny coming from someone with only a HS diploma . The AT NC. are all very bright guys with alot of experience.

Maybe your time might be better spent taking some night classes @ Atlanta community college .

Last edited:
AirTran Pilots on September 26, 2010:

- When is the next picketing event?
- Still working under Contract 2001.
- We hate our management
- Fornaro always screwed up our fuel hedging
- Fornaro screwed up AirTran in 2008 and sold or deferred 40 aircraft
- reserves worked 20 days a month
- scheduling would never allow a vertical trade due to low reserves
- SAP 1/2 suck

AirTran Pilots on September 28, 2010:

- We work for the best, fastest growing airline in the world
- We had the most stable job outlook in the airline industry
- We love our management
- I knew AirTran would be the place to be 15 years ago
- We were only 2 contracts away from making SWA pay rates

I have never seen a bigger bunch of flip floppers in my life.

from PCL128..

That's absolutely hilarious PCL. You guys sent the NC out to produce a product. Hopefully with some guidelines going forward. So what you are saying is the MEC had NO idea how negotiations were progressing over several months? Really?

Then when they produce a document (that you presumably guided them towards), then you decide to throw them under the bus as a rogue committee that was completely clueless and vote down their product? Again, REALLY?

Tell me the thought process with this type of thinking? Other than trying hard to run out the clock and run straight to arbitration, because I really think that was the AAI MEC gameplan from day one.

It sounds more like the poster child for complete incompetence than an issue with the NC.

What red flyer said^^^ absolutely true-

But in 2013, who cares- that's where me and PCL agree- the time for debate has come and gone- now it's about moving forward with what we have-

Latest resources

Back