• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI Pilots Expectations for January 2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is important stuff, first, is it two or four cycle cause I hate the oil smell?

Second you forgot to add another slogan oft used " you poor/sweet thing" and it can be used as an adjective, verb, or noun.

AirTran Pilots on September 26, 2010:

- When is the next picketing event?
- Still working under Contract 2001.
- We hate our management
- Fornaro always screwed up our fuel hedging
- Fornaro screwed up AirTran in 2008 and sold or deferred 40 aircraft
- reserves worked 20 days a month
- scheduling would never allow a vertical trade due to low reserves
- SAP 1/2 suck

AirTran Pilots on September 28, 2010:

- We work for the best, fastest growing airline in the world
- We had the most stable job outlook in the airline industry
- We love our management
- I knew AirTran would be the place to be 15 years ago
- We were only 2 contracts away from making SWA pay rates

I have never seen a bigger bunch of flip floppers in my life.

For the outside observers who wonder how we got screwed so badly in this deal, just read the above and realize that it's written by one of the guys on our Merger Committee who was supposed to be fighting for us. Kind of explains it all, doesn't it?

This is important stuff, first, is it two or four cycle cause I hate the oil smell?

Second you forgot to add another slogan oft used " you poor/sweet thing" and it can be used as an adjective, verb, or noun.

God bless you Score, you poor sweet thing. Which is normally followed by a "hot mess" reference.

2 stroke for the blower. I didn't see a 4 stroke that would provide me with the airflow I wanted. I got the Husqvarna 150BT. It's a 50cc back pack blower that many lawn guys use. Cranks about 250mph. I may strike a deal with the instructors to clean up some leaves around the schoolhouse so I can get out of class..

"I have often said that we wouldn't have had an opportunity if it wasn't for Southwest." - Frank Lorenzo

Nice new tag line you got there. Don't forget the rest of the story...

Lorenzo formed Jet Capital Corporation, which advised airlines, in 1969. In 1972, Jet Capital acquired Texas International, which "was threatened with extinction because Southwest was breathing down its throat," flying the same routes out of Love Field, Lorenzo said. "(Southwest president) Lamar Muse said he was going to put Texas International out of business." The threat devalued TIA enough that Lorenzo could afford it.

In '72 Lorenzo got lucky with a beatdown airline that couldn't compete with Southwest. There are plenty of Ornstein's and Bedford's out there that you could of ended up with instead. But you're pissed it was Southwest, get over yourself.

"I don't "hate" WN, it's just not a place I've ever wanted to work, and I don't think we'd do well in an acquisition situation."

Just Delta sucks

Hi pot I'm kettle, have we met?

Room, im on the AAI side. I don't have a SWA number and will probably cross the partition 1/1/15. Until the. I'm losing money and QOL. Take aquick look at our lines and you will see what I mean.

AirTran Pilots on September 26, 2010:

- When is the next picketing event?
- Still working under Contract 2001.
- We hate our management
- Fornaro always screwed up our fuel hedging
- Fornaro screwed up AirTran in 2008 and sold or deferred 40 aircraft
- reserves worked 20 days a month
- scheduling would never allow a vertical trade due to low reserves
- SAP 1/2 suck

AirTran Pilots on September 28, 2010:

- We work for the best, fastest growing airline in the world
- We had the most stable job outlook in the airline industry
- We love our management
- I knew AirTran would be the place to be 15 years ago
- We were only 2 contracts away from making SWA pay rates

I have never seen a bigger bunch of flip floppers in my life.
It would be funny, if it wasn't so true. Spot on!!!

All I hear is blah blah blah-

I will say this, if none of you realized you worked for an airline before, you do now.

At this point, it's all in the category of 'grow up'- on all sides.

If this kind of thing shakes you up, you weren't mentored very well and probably ought to go pcl's route and change your career.

Well

The input certainly is a lot better and I appreciate that although the vitriol still exists from both sides and doesn't seem to be doing much to help arrive at answers.

Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well and PCL, duly noted. I just assumed since you had so much to say about the list prior to the vote you would now as well. Sorry.

I'm trying to specifically figure out the mechanics of how things are going to work in 2015. Or, at least the mechanics of how y'all envision seniority will work (immediately) in 2015. It seems cut-n-dry but there are an awful lot of training events that will have to take place for it to work and I don't see our training center pulling it off.

Has anyone run the numbers on the AAI side and questioned the ability for the deal to go down as signed? Trying to get info from swapa is like trying to pull teeth. They just keep saying the company says it will work.

Thanks for the responses. Regarding the pay reduction in line flying what's to keep you from transitioning now?

If you have a SWA 737 award you can bid over... Sort of it is going from different bases so its hard to figure.

The majority of us have a 717 award... We are stuck.

My post was only partly a joke. I seriously have no idea what will happen. My guess is sometime in 2015 I end up in a Dallas ground school.

What do you hear on your side?

Latest resources

Back