• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA tops the list for RUDE FA's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anybody want 25 thousand extra miles?

Rudest ones I have seen are at Useless Airways BRU-PHL. Seatbelt signs on entire way (and not the slightest bump in the sky), people getting up for lav use after 3 hrs getting yelled at, going to the galley for a cup of water constitutes a crime (and isn't 1 drink enough for an 8 hr flight? The grub (can't call it food especially when breakafst is nothing more than a dry hot-dog bun) gets plunked on the tray table.

Annoying announcements are the credit card pitches (don't qualify anyway, and 150 USD anual fee, are you kidding me?), duty free anouncements when everyone is sleeping, and sightseeing anouncements unless it is something very special.
"After take-off (no kidding (!), but you meant after leveling off in cruise and we have finished our Martha Steward discussion) we will be coming through the isle with beverages and food for sale" (some airlines in Europe charge for a cup of coffee or a cup of water so I don't complain about the complimentary stuff)). Fine, I'll see ya when you come through the isle.
"SEATBELTS!!!!" as soon as the light is switched on by the slightest ripple. You already told us to keep the belt on while seated, now just walk the aisle and check for non-compliance. Let the rest of us sleep. Now since you woke me up, I might as well go visit the lav and see if I can get a drink out of you.
"We welcome you to..." Ok, the weather is miserable, the airport / city is a dump, I got 17 hrs in a dumpy hotel near the airport that has no food and I still won't be home for another 2 weeks. So no, you're not welcoming me, you're desillusioning me. "We've just landed at the .... airport" just sounds a whole lot better.

If you've ever been to the middle east or certain asian countries than you have experienced the fact that people will get up at the moment you leave the runway onto the high-speed. By the time normal taxi speed has been reached and/or the terminal is visible there is a line with folks, bags in hand ready to walk out of the door. F/A's wiil be screaming and yelling, but how is English going to help when the other guy only speaks Arabic, Punjabi or ......?

The "we're short of the gate" call is a very useful one, nr 1 or 2 for take-off, I don't mind, gives everyone a clue of how much on-time we are today.

I certainly thank Bose for a wonderful noise cancelling headset that makes the announcements a whole lot less intrusive, the only way to make it through 150.000 miles a year sitting cattle class going around the world.

Last edited:
The margin is small but I can not believe we at Untidy are not the worst, how can anybody be much worse.....

The margin is small but I can not believe we at Untidy are not the worst, how can anybody be much worse.....
I can tell that you haven't flown in AA lately, specially down to South America, just about the rudest behavior I have witness ever. Never again!

U.S. airlines are very bad compared to most other global carriers. I ride on an international carrier several times per year and given a choice between a free jumpseat on a U.S. carrier and buying a zed on a foreign carrier, I will always go foreign just because the product is so much better, crews, ife, food, everything.

Latest resources

Back