• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA tops the list for RUDE FA's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flight Attendants and Pilots both should get off the PA!

On the next red eye flight notice how often the PA is used? On the next short flight notice if you can count more than 16 PA's on a single 30 minute flight?

"TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONES" is said at least 10 times per flight.

"PUT ON YOUR SEAT BELT" is said more often than required or needed.

and messages to individual passengers should be said to individual passengers verse the entire aircraft. "The gentleman in seat 10F needs to turn off his cell phone." Tell the guy in 10F not the entire aircraft!

And pilots breaking sterile procedures to tell the passengers we are not yet at the gate or number two in line for takeoff are idiots.

SHUT UP on the PA! Next time you find yourself wanting to use the PA don't!

While one the ground, as long as the parking brake is set, you can make all the PA's you want.

I agree about the number of PA's, just do the required ones, that's plenty(prolly too many).

On the next red eye flight notice how often the PA is used? On the next short flight notice if you can count more than 16 PA's on a single 30 minute flight?

and messages to individual passengers should be said to individual passengers verse the entire aircraft. "The gentleman in seat 10F needs to turn off his cell phone." Tell the guy in 10F not the entire aircraft!

And pilots breaking sterile procedures to tell the passengers we are not yet at the gate or number two in line for takeoff are idiots.

We are required to tell the flight attendants to be seated for takeoff, ie we are number two for takeoff, flight attendants be seated....does following SOPs make me an idiot? :confused:

You do notice that people don't comply right? FAs receive a lot of pressure to maintain a standard of compliance, so I don't blame them for the nuisance PAs and badgering people to turn off electrical devices. They're simply doing their job. Yes, a lot of them are rude too, which is not cool.

And yet, despite those announcements, on every flight, there are several pax that don't think this applies to them.

I think the whole "public shame" thing is part of the strategy here...if the ******************************bag in 10F still has not turned his cell phone off after the "10 times per flight" that he has been told to, do you really think an FA telling him personally is going to get him to? (actually, it SHOULD, but it often doesn't, as I have seen on countless commutes)

First, the "not at the gate yet" PA is always made (on my a/c) after we have come to a STOP short of the gate, therefore non-sterile cockpit. And, again, if you ride in the back much you would know that the PA is apparently necessary since a big % of pax are apparently either non-English speakers, legally deaf, too busy on their cell phone to catch the part about remaining seated until the seat belt sign is turned off, OR are just complete and utter idiots.

Bottom line, most of those PA's are FAA mandated. Most of the others are 100% due to the fact that too many pax are either too arrogant/self-important OR too stupid to do as they have been instructed the first time....In violation of Federal law I might add.

i fly to hong kong and back alot....Delta had a rude bunch on my two trips...i fly a united/cont 777 out of newark....the continental senior FAs are always nice and friendly....not too young and sexy, but they're good at their job..

And CAL has the biggest ****************************** bag pilots i have ever met! I was in the crew van (tahoe) when two pricks show up so i get in the 3rd row so they can fit, no thanks or hi, nothing. Get to the hotel and ****************************** bag number 2 cant even pop the seat for me. Just walks away. Prick, we work for the same company, nice manners.

And CAL has the biggest ****************************** bag pilots i have ever met! I was in the crew van (tahoe) when two pricks show up so i get in the 3rd row so they can fit, no thanks or hi, nothing. Get to the hotel and ****************************** bag number 2 cant even pop the seat for me. Just walks away. Prick, we work for the same company, nice manners.

Here we go again.... :rolleyes::rolleyes: This sh!t is getting real old!!!

Latest resources

Back