• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA tops the list for RUDE FA's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As part of the commuting contract I am on, I often change back and forth from US airlines back to Asian airlines and some dead heads within SE Asia, the entire experience is so different, not only the cabin attendants but the whole thing, from the costumer service agents to the food to the cleanliness of the A/C, something as basic as your bag coming back not looking like it was tossed into a cement mixer, it is amazing as to how low the expectation of service has gone here in the US. Mind you I don't really need the cabin attendants to be thin and young, but you expect in a $9,000 business class ticket not to be given attitude

Last edited:
NOWHERE DID I MENTION THE USE OF THE PARKING BRAKE! You assumed wrong and distorted my point. But I guess those type of actions justify those types of pilots rude behavior.

So for clarification for the ****************************** pilots, I was referring to pilots making PA's while in sterile.

An example is pulling into the ramp area while switching from ground freq. to ramp freq. while taxing to avoid moving ground equipment and making a call over the PA to tell the passengers to remain seated while the airplane is moving and not yet at the gate. Apparently DTW320 operates in ATL in an unsafe manner often.

Excessive, annoying, fill the air for the sound of it PA's are a major factor in airline rudeness. After the TSA blasts the passengers ears for two hours prior to boarding we then have the likes of SWA GUY, Dugan Jones, DTW320, and Scoreboard further ruining the travel day.

Last edited:
Bottom line, most of those PA's are FAA mandated. Most of the others are 100% due to the fact that too many pax are either too arrogant/self-important OR too stupid to do as they have been instructed the first time....In violation of Federal law I might add.

The only PA which is mandatory is the FA pre-take passenger briefing and the seatbelt change of status in the regulations.

Past those two PA's all are discretionary and done in a very rude manner.

The pilot pre-board PA not mandatory.
10 to 20 please turn off your cell phone PA's- not mandatory.
We are serving coke verse pepsi- not mandatory.
Fly XYZ to get reward points- not mandatory.

SHUT THE F UP ON THE PA!

NOWHERE DID I MENTION THE USE OF THE PARKING BRAKE! You assumed wrong and distorted my point. But I guess those type of actions justify those types of pilots rude behavior.

So for clarification for the ****************************** pilots, I was referring to pilots making PA's while in sterile.

An example is pulling into the ramp area while switching from ground freq. to ramp freq. while taxing to avoid moving ground equipment and making a call over the PA to tell the passengers to remain seated while the airplane is moving and not yet at the gate. Apparently DTW320 operates in ATL in an unsafe manner often.

Excessive, annoying, fill the air for the sound of it PA's are a major factor in airline rudeness. After the TSA blasts the passengers ears for two hours prior to boarding we then have the likes of SWA GUY, Dugan Jones, DTW320, and Scoreboard further ruining the travel day.

And what do 2 of them have in common??? :)

The one's I can't stand are the F/As that work hard at sibilation. Cccccccertain Sssssssouthwesssssst flight attendantsssssssss are the worssssssst.

Dude--relax a little before you blow someting.

I don't know where YOU fly, but I've never heard the "we're not at the gate" PA other than when we're stopped. It certainly isn't made while maneuvering to "avoid moving ground equipment." Passengers can generally see they're still moving. It's after you've been taxiing for a while, and then you stop--especially when you can see out the window that you're near the terminal--that passengers might not know any better and start to unbuckle and get up. That's when pilots generally make that PA--with the plane stopped, and presumedly the brake set.

As far as your other complaints, at my airline, the pilot preboard PA and the F/A reward points PA are listed by the company to do as time permits. I suppose you can say F-you to the company and blow them off--obviously some people do--but for some funny reason, some crew members try to do their jobs as the company asks. As far as "turn off your cellphones" PA, the FAA requires the crew to pursue this. If a passenger is doing something illegal, and an FAA inspector sees this and can see that a F/A notices but doesn't address it, than the F/A can get written up. it's up to the F/A whether to use the PA or go up and get in a specific passenger's face personally, and I suppose it's up to them how to address it. Some do it differently.

Coke vs. Pepsi? I've personally never heard this, but I suppose if you've had to tell a passenger the the 90th time in a row that hour that you don't have Coke, you have Pepsi, you might be tempted to make that PA to cut down on order time while you're working. I've never been a F/A, but I can imagine.

You probably shouldn't fly so often if it bothers you this much. 'Cause that kind of stuff isn't going to change.

Bubba

The only thing not changing is airline rudeness.

United States of American company's and sadly to say USA crews don't get the rudeness issue and the factors involved, unattractive FA's, guy FA's, use of the PA, last minute changes, last minute charges, rude gate agents, etc.

Last edited:
To all the PA haters...get a clue and think about the passengers. I travel as a passenger as much as aI fly as a pilot, and I hear and see a lot more than you do. The pax don't mind pilot PA,s and in fact prefer them over the FAs.
The problem isn't a "we're number 2 for takeoff" or "looking over the left side you'll see..." PAs. The ones that pax are sick of are the mileage club credit card, skymall slaes, etc PAs that are stupid and just plain annoying.
Pax like to know what they are flying over, if it's going to be a while to takeoff, etc. But for the love of pete, STOP pushing sales!

Flight Attendants and Pilots both should get off the PA!

On the next red eye flight notice how often the PA is used? On the next short flight notice if you can count more than 16 PA's on a single 30 minute flight?

"TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONES" is said at least 10 times per flight.

"PUT ON YOUR SEAT BELT" is said more often than required or needed.

and messages to individual passengers should be said to individual passengers verse the entire aircraft. "The gentleman in seat 10F needs to turn off his cell phone." Tell the guy in 10F not the entire aircraft!

And pilots breaking sterile procedures to tell the passengers we are not yet at the gate or number two in line for takeoff are idiots.

SHUT UP on the PA! Next time you find yourself wanting to use the PA don't!

Ha, now that I know this pisses you off, stand by for more PA's!!!

The problem isn't a "we're number 2 for takeoff" or "looking over the left side you'll see..." PAs. The ones that pax are sick of are the mileage club credit card, skymall slaes, etc PAs that are stupid and just plain annoying.

Pax like to know what they are flying over, if it's going to be a while to takeoff, etc. But for the love of pete, STOP pushing sales!

We have a Winner!!!

Latest resources

Back