• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA buying A320's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what happened to buying "American" built aircraft, we need the jobs as bad as the europeans, maybe AA should live up to their name American Airlines and buy from Boeing

this is not a paid advertisement

Boeing is a global company. They outsourse to the lowest bidder. American corporations do not have any aligients to Americans. This is why the trickle down theories of economics do not work for American workers.

what happened to buying "American" built aircraft, we need the jobs as bad as the europeans, maybe AA should live up to their name American Airlines and buy from Boeing

this is not a paid advertisement

Maybe because in America we have something called capitalism and airlines have to operate the A/C that has the lowest costs for them and fits their operation best.. They have to go with the best deal they can get or perish.

I just got the recall call yesterday. I am deferring but it would be nice to go back to an airplane I have been on for the last 7 years instead of a 80.

Boeing is a global company. They outsourse to the lowest bidder. American corporations do not have any aligients to Americans. This is why the trickle down theories of economics do not work for American workers.

Bingo!

Maybe because in America we have something called capitalism and airlines have to operate the A/C that has the lowest costs for them and fits their operation best.. They have to go with the best deal they can get or perish.

Capitalism is a very American ideal- however think about what you just wrote- Airbus is subsidized by euro govts. Is that capitalism skewed, upon the skew of oligopolism that already exists.
So... Go ahead- entertain an offer- but if it's a remote tie- we ought to support boeing.

Capitalism is a very American ideal- however think about what you just wrote- Airbus is subsidized by euro govts. Is that capitalism skewed, upon the skew of oligopolism that already exists.
So... Go ahead- entertain an offer- but if it's a remote tie- we ought to support boeing.

My point is that capitalism in America could care less what's right or wrong, it's just the bottom line that counts. I'm not defending it, it just is what it is. I'm not bashing it either, it has many benefits too. It beats the alternative but it certainly isn't perfect.

I most certainly agree with this post. But the simple fact is an airline has to go with the best deal available or perish. If they paid more for Boeing's or if Boeing's had a higher operating cost but AMR went with them anyway for "patriotic" reasons, they would ultimately probably cost a lot of American jobs when the competition killed them.

Then our govt needs to level the playing field bc Boeing needs to compete with a company getting all kinds of help. Do you support that, dan?
It's just frustrating that the middle class stays stagnant as our rich get richer making false globalization arguments that American workers need to be competitive- as if we'll ever compete with labor from countries w/ impoverished people with suppressed rights.

Latest resources

Back