• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A fellow pilot in need

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Checks written and will be in tomorrow's mail. We probably know alot of the same folks, funny how many pilots live in NH.

I'm sorry to hear about him as well. I hope he will get through this. I will send a contribution as well. If any red passes (buddy passes) for his family to fly and see him are in desperate need (MHT maybe??), PM me, I will try to get one.

LUV Jake

May I ask what multi-billion dollar FedEx has done to help? It would say a lot for the company to throw him 50% of his first year salary for the next year or something. I mean how often does something like this happen. Silly of me to expect big business to help out a family in need, it's too hard to see past the millions they are raking in.

The passing of two good men

Some sad news to report. Thanks go out to everyone that stepped up to help them. May God bless both of these men and their families.

"The FDX MEC is saddened to report that two of our pilots who have been battling cancer, First Officer Craig Williams and Second Officer Jon Bewley, have passed away.

As was announced in a company FCIF last week, Airbus F/O Craig Williams, who had been battling brain cancer for a year, passed away Thursday night. He was domiciled in Memphis and was single. The MEC joins his family in mourning the loss of a good friend and pilot.

Services are to be held Wednesday, June 7, at the Holloway Funeral Home, 112 Bayview Blvd., Oldsmar, FL 34677. If you have have questions about attending the services, Craig's sister and her husband are acting as the contacts for the services. Their contact information is:

Ed and Nina Foster
3660 Windber Blvd.
Palm Harbour, FL. 34685
(727) 789-6755

Also, Second Officer Jon Bewley has passed away after a battling cancer for many months. Jon was a pilot, a poet, a father, an actor, a singer, a member of ALPA for 19 years, and a true friend to all who knew him. Jon's spirit lives on in his son Jon, daughter Daisy, wife Jane, and all of his devoted friends. On behalf of Jon's family, the MEC would like to thank our members for their support of the Bewley family over the last 18 months.

In lieu of flowers, Jon's wish would be that you take some time with your family and enjoy fresh maple syrup on your ice cream, a glass of crisp white wine, and countless hours with your children. Services will be held June 8 from 3 to 5 p.m. at the following location:

New London Inn
353 Main Street
New London, NH 03260
(603) 526-2791

My condolences to both families.

It pains me to hear of folks dying of cancer. I've lost family to cancer as well.

God bless.

Latest resources

Back