• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E t a

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At ASA? I thought we did pretty good. Aren't we at or near the top of the regional scale on most sections?
Pretty good if you ask me.

Un-freaking believable!! You call making on average 35 grand pretty good? Is it true ASA has no 401K match until year 7? You can't compare your rates to the rest of industry and say "pretty darn good" when the whole of this stinkin lousy, monkey crap eating management, putting pilots in the poor house industry is paying totally unprofessional wages for what they require from you.
You must be another one of those kids who think you're going to upgrade soon and get PIC time and get on with a Major by the time you are 30 to 35. For 70% that will not happen. But you all think you are in the 30% who will.

BTW, Horizon Dash 8 FO's are earning about 3 bucks an hour more than your CRJ 200 FO's. I thought jet pilots were supposed to earn more. And lets not even compare Horizon CRJ 700 CA rates to your "pretty good" CRJ 700 CA rates. You guys are short to the tune of 15 bucks an hour. Pathetic!!

Un-freaking believable!! You call making on average 35 grand pretty good? Is it true ASA has no 401K match until year 7? You can't compare your rates to the rest of industry and say "pretty darn good" when the whole of this stinkin lousy, monkey crap eating management, putting pilots in the poor house industry is paying totally unprofessional wages for what they require from you.
You must be another one of those kids who think you're going to upgrade soon and get PIC time and get on with a Major by the time you are 30 to 35. For 70% that will not happen. But you all think you are in the 30% who will.

BTW, Horizon Dash 8 FO's are earning about 3 bucks an hour more than your CRJ 200 FO's. I thought jet pilots were supposed to earn more. And lets not even compare Horizon CRJ 700 CA rates to your "pretty good" CRJ 700 CA rates. You guys are short to the tune of 15 bucks an hour. Pathetic!!

Your information on the 401k is incorrect...Where do you work now?

Your information on the 401k is incorrect...Where do you work now?

Then airlinepilotcentral needs to correct the mistake, as the way they have it listed is misleading. And what does it matter where I work? Do you think my ridicule of the ASA pay rates on a newly negotiated contract that should have at least matched if not bettered Horizons pay rates, means that I think I am paid so well? Quite the contrary. Unless you are a widebody CA at a Major airline then your pay sucks! And even the widebody CA pay is 30% to 50% less than where it should be based on 2000 and 2001 contracts which were despicably thrown out during bankruptcy along with pensions due to this country's abhorrent labor laws that are entirely pro-business and anti-labor.

Would have been nice for the PCL guys to get a bump in their 401k. It was bad in 1999. Looks even worse in 2009.

I'll be shocked if this TA passes. Unless I'm meeting alot of Bill Clinton (i.e. disingenuous) types who say one thing while planning to do another, I've yet to meet a yes vote. DTW is very militant and the guys I know in MEM are pretty fired up.

As I've been saying for years, this management team is the TALIBAN. As such, they only respect one thing: the THREAT of the use of force. This isn't personal, it's about principle. We are looking at a contract in 2009 that is WORSE than the contract Mesaba was offered in 2003. We don't even have a minimum guarantee or any kind of rig in this lousy excuse for a contract. What a freaken joke!

The trips are getting worse with each passing month. When a guy bidding 26 out of 200 gets a 3 day trip worth 14 hours from pref bid and then a cancellation reduces it down to 12 hours credit, what does that say?

It says to me "Burn baby burn, heat 'em up on landing and do them no favors, show them no mercy!"

I wager 1000 dollars that this TA will pass. Someone take me up on it. I'll put the cash up

The trips are getting worse with each passing month. When a guy bidding 26 out of 200 gets a 3 day trip worth 14 hours from pref bid and then a cancellation reduces it down to 12 hours credit, what does that say?

It says to me "Burn baby burn, heat 'em up on landing and do them no favors, show them no mercy!"

That sounds like a sweet 3 day to me..I'll take it and you can have my 14hr credit 4 day with 3 DH.

Latest resources

Back