45 more Rj's for Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Obi-Wan

I guess Delta has a bid out for 45 more RJ's and the bid is closing before the end of the year. I wonder who is going to win the bid?

The proposal is for 50 seaters for delivery in 2005 and 2006. The current DCI carriers and a few others (XJET, Pinnacle, Horizon, ...?) are bidding for them with proposals due in Atlanta by the middle of the month and with a decision by the end of the year.

I'm 99% sure that NWA will not allow Pinnacle to fly for another airline for about 10 years.

The memo from the pres of ASA said six airlines. If this includes ACA it's the five current DCI carriers plus one. If not, then it's two new carriers.

It won't be ASA or Comair unless they pay for them with paycuts. Delta already said it didn't have the money. Don't fall for their tricks. Get it in writing and have a notary handy....

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

General Lee :

8 million (if management got every cut they proposed at Comair for both pilots and Company staff) would not go far to pay for a 1 Billion dollar airplane order. Atfer all, 8 million is 8/10th's of one percent of the cost of the airplanes.

So, your repeated quote just doesn't make much sense. Even if the airplanes go to Mesa, the finance companies will require Delta to sign cancellation provisions.

You can beat the "Comair Concessions" drum all you want, but it does not make much difference. Whether my first officer makes $19.10, or $22.50, an hour does not matter much on an airplane with a $1,600 per hour operating cost.

On the other hand, your pay being 62% more than the industry average for your equipment has slightly more impact.

But who really cares? Your MEC will kill this golden goose, Connection pilots will find better paying jobs elsewhere and as usual, the only folks getting screwed are your own pilots - in order of seniority.

~~~^~~~

~~~^~~~ said:
General Lee :

On the other hand, your pay being 62% more than the industry average for your equipment has slightly more impact.
~~~^~~~

And WHY is it 62% above industry standard? Are you suggesting that the Delta pilots roll over and let management have their way?

Not to digress, but I would love to know how much would be added to the 7 big airlines profits if they would just average $10 dollars more per ticket. I believe it would be several hundred million. I dont know about everyone else, but no one I know who is willing to pay $260 for a ticket, say they would change their mind if it was $270. I know this is a simplistic way of looking at the industrys problems but sometimes things dont always have to be complicated. Its the RASM's that need to improve now, not more cost cuts. Lets salvage whats left of this profession and work for a wage that is worthy of the cost of education, the training required, and the responsibility that this profession demands.

Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation could be a
canidate, our owners were in ATL recently.

Would that be consider gossip... I da know...

Thrust Master

Latest resources

Back