Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

30 to 40 seat turboprop drivers please speak up.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they have to same workrules to go along with those $hitty pay rates then it will be sad...
When I was there........ No DeadHead Pay, No Block or Better, No CX pay, No Duty Rigs or Min. Day Pay! I was making around 270.00 bucks a week flying the 1900's. (How can you live off 14k a year)..... I couldn't pay to live and pay my bills!!

Have the workrules changed at all?

Are the FA rates higher then the FOs? And I hope they don't get any girls from PLB to be FA's!!! Grrrrr, I can see all the chicks with the 80's hair do's!!

Last edited:
Are those the rates that you negotiat.......AH WAIT, nevermind.

Yeah, we could have had won the union vote if all of those ExpressJet guys who were on property at CommutAir hadn't decided that they should stay out of it. Not voting is the same as a no vote. If only 10 more of them had decided to vote.....

Colgan: Fo first year is 21, then second year is 23. Not too bad considering you upgrade in about 14-16 months. Then you get 2nd year captain's pay- I believe that to be 42 or 43 an hour with a 75 hour guarantee.

Work rules

Has anyone, in the history of aviation, heard of a company that has different work rules for the different types of aircraft they fly? I'm not talking about pay, I'm talking about work rules, such as, say, longevity pay?

Prop 14 to 16 months? You have been at Colgan almost 14 and you aren't on the list through 17 months so what are you talking about? Upgrade is 3 to 4 years just came out on the conference call yesterday.

Prop 14 to 16 months? You have been at Colgan almost 14 and you aren't on the list through 17 months so what are you talking about? Upgrade is 3 to 4 years just came out on the conference call yesterday.

So, are the street CA advertisements I'm constantly reading B.S.? For a future furloughed guy, I'm curious.

Yeah, we could have had won the union vote if all of those ExpressJet guys who were on property at CommutAir hadn't decided that they should stay out of it. Not voting is the same as a no vote. If only 10 more of them had decided to vote.....

Exactly. There were enough ExpressJet guys on property that just them, plus the dozen of us on the union organizing committee, would have been over 50% of the pilot group. We hit 43%, and many of our own pilots voted yes, so you can thank your own pilots for our lack of progress, mckpickle. We've been down this road before. :angryfire

Ironically, your own pilots sabotaging our union campaign is the very reason our proposed costs to replace some of XJT's CLE flying are lower than they would otherwise have been. Indirectly, your own guys are responsible for XJT being underbid.

WSurf said:
When I was there........ No DeadHead Pay, No Block or Better, No CX pay, No Duty Rigs or Min. Day Pay!

They've had cancellation pay and 3-hour min day pay for at least 7 years. The rest of the stuff, you're absolutely right, and I agree it's BS.

CA1900, I hear what you are saying. But in all fairness if you were ALPA and had higher costs, the bid would've gone to Regions Air instead. The accountants have unrestricted authority at CAL. Enjoy the Dash, it's a sweet ride.

Latest resources

Back