• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2009 W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you implying that I'm somehow de-valuing our profession or appeasing management by including per diem and other non-straight pay contributions in compensation discussions? My first year probationary pay is 160,000. I don't know if I would roll my eyes over that

Yes I am.

And the eye roll was not in reference to your probationary pay. It sounds about right for an overseas operation, as long as that is the straight salary number without the add-ons such as per diem and such.

X

6 yr Eagle FO
$40820.69 taxable income
$46273.23 (including per diem)
785hrs flight time

Notice I included every penny, because I damn sure need every penny of it!

AAY 5 yr CPT $116,000. No scope, retirement/work rules/insurance...all suck! For the love of God!!!
On the bright side, 2nd year engineering student.

My first year probationary pay is 160,000. I don't know if I would roll my eyes over that

Just out of interest, I work in the ME and 160k sounds pretty high for an A320 FO. What exactly are you including in it?

Basic Salary + Per Diem + Housing + School + Travel + Transport?

Anything else? Annual bonus, Contract completion bonus, Insurance?

Actual Take Home Salary (CASH$$$), excluding everything other than per diem, for an A320 Capt usually runs around $9-12k a month in the ME.

I don't think you can include home travel and schooling unless you pocket the cash. These are expenses that you normally wouldn't incur if you worked at home.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back