• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2009 W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What state can you make 21K (after taxes) on unemployment? Is that with all extensions or how long does unemployment usually last?

Actually I started on unemployment Sept 08 in Ohio. On Ohio till the end of March 09, then went to NJ. It is with extensions now at this point but I think it will at least run me to june or july of 2010. And knowing where I worked to qualify for what I'm getting and knowing where some other people worked they must be getting more then me. I'd have to look it up but for me i think it was something like 25weeks in OH, then 25 weeks in NJ and now I think there are 2 twenty week extensions. And I thing one can extend it longer then that but it takes more work to do it.

This is the thread that reinforces the notion that 100k is still some form of impressive wage. Maybe in 1980.

I was impressed with the 286 block hour accomplishment. Nice.

When are pilots going to realize that 100k isn't anything to gloat about, and maxing out in the neighborhood 200k for 1 or 2% of the profession is down right pathetic.

This is the thread that reinforces the notion that 100k is still some form of impressive wage. Maybe in 1980.

I was impressed with the 286 block hour accomplishment. Nice.

When are pilots going to realize that 100k isn't anything to gloat about, and maxing out in the neighborhood 200k for 1 or 2% of the profession is down right pathetic.

I concur. Miserable profession. 15 years of aviation, 2nd year Delta Air Lines FO: 2009 pay was 72k not counting per diem. Worked my ass off- almost 800 block hours.

Wow... I almost make what a 23 year old computer science major makes. Envy me.

Year 5 Jetblue 320 FO

$117,500 gross plus last paycheck that gets paid on Jan 8th, so about $122k

includes $6500 retro check

plus $12,000 of 401k match and 5% profit share.

Total $134,000 plus per diem of about $8000

subtract taxes, $3200 of co pay for crappy insurance, $1500 insurance premiums, $2800 for crash pad, 40 hours a month for commuting to work like a w-hore to credit 100 hrs per month.

Supporting my family and happy considering macro economic conditions but far from satisified with my career as the previous poster mentioned.

Guys were making the same in 1980..... Adjust that for inflation and realize that we make peanuts

CPS 2nd yr. CA 68k taxable, 78k ttl earnings (per diem + 401k contrib).

... paid about 20k in ttl taxes, don't spent it all in one place Uncle Sam and MN.

Far from a kingly sum, but compared to the 32k I made last year, a very welcome change.

I concur. Miserable profession. 15 years of aviation, 2nd year Delta Air Lines FO: 2009 pay was 72k not counting per diem. Worked my ass off- almost 800 block hours.

Wow... I almost make what a 23 year old computer science major makes. Envy me.

Let me correct myself. Miserable job. The Wal-Mart employee has more right referring to their job as a profession, they've got some upside potential after all. I'm just pedaling the wheel.

Latest resources

Back