172 rivets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jason5

Does anyone know how many rivets are in a cessna 172? I'm tryin to join the aviation fraternity at my school and I did something wrong and now its my assignment to find out.

Damnit A Squared,

I was hoping he'd go back to his frat with that answer and come back with another punnishment. Like playing the Star Spangled Banner on the stall horn of a 172 or somthing.

Sorry not a fan of frats.

A Squared said:
Yep, and there's 180 in my C-180. Ufortunately there's only 6 in the DC-6, so each one is pretty critical.

Well then, it is amazing that so many DC-3's survived the war.

Jason5 said:
Does anyone know how many rivets are in a cessna 172? I'm tryin to join the aviation fraternity at my school and I did something wrong and now its my assignment to find out.

hahahahahaha! aviation fraternity!!!!
hahahahahaha!

Go ask one of the A&P's at your airport. I'm sure they'll have the answer.

I once had a chief pilot who used to try to rattle you during a checkride by asking, "How many rivets in this plane?"

The correct answer being, "One for every hole, Chief!"

His other favorite -- maximum tire speed (for the PA31), a number which appeared absolutely nowhere except on the tire itself.

He never really expected answers to the Trivial Pursuit questions; he just liked to see the new guys' faces when they finally hit a question they couldn't answer.

So Jason, try this answer: One for every hole.

paulsalem said:
dangit A Squared,

I was hoping he'd go back to his frat with that answer and come back with another punnishment. Like playing the Star Spangled Banner on the stall horn of a 172 or somthing.

Sorry not a fan of frats.

Ooopps, sorry

Jason5 said:
HAHA

What school/frat?

Latest resources

Back