121 PIC or SIC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Biggest secret out there, jets are easier to fly, TP PIC proves you are the man

If he's got the time, tell him to go to OMNI (757's and DC-10's). Spend a few years then move on to UPS/Evergreen/FedEx/etc.

If he's got the time, tell him to go to OMNI (757's and DC-10's). Spend a few years then move on to UPS/Evergreen/FedEx/etc.

I heard those dudes at OMNI are hiring. How do you get hired, man?

Thanks all for the answers.

I'm asking for the friend 'cause I have way too much time on my hands and he doesn't. Thus, he has 3000+ hours and I don't. :cartman:

Get the PIC time. But don't over do the 1900 PIC. Get 1200 to 1500 hours and then move on to get some jet/efis/fms time if you haven't landed your dream job by then.

The simple fact is there are many pilots, for whatever reason, will not land their dream job. It is not always viloations, incidents or accidents that do you in, sometimes it is the simple misfortune of having the same last name (but no relation) as someone who is not well liked at your dream company. Not that I wouold know anything about that...

Anyhow there are many decent companies that, while maybe not your dream job, can provide a viable career. And many of them may want jet/efis/fms time.

In short, make yourself as well rounded and qualified as possible for the most jobs. In past hiring cycles, if you were coming from the civilain ranks and had jet time when applying to the majors, you were more of a novelty, most guys were t-prop drivers. Now if you don't have RJ time, you are in a tiny minority.

I'm not sure if this is still a factor with the hiring today, but a few years ago a lot of places wanted PIC time in turbine a/c over a certain weight...20,000lbs comes to mind, but not sure...either way the 1900 time didnt count because it was under that weight. Make sure that your buddy has made sure that there is no weight limit for the time the company wants.

There is this friend of mine that slept with a really fat stew, now he has this weird rash on his ...............I need some advice for my friend....

Latest resources

Back