Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JediNein

No One Special at all
For a CFI friend with 3000+ hours looking to change chairs before the music stops, which is better, 121 PIC or SIC?

The catch is PIC turboprop (mighty Beech 1900) or SIC in a nice shiny jet.

The goal is FedEx or Emery.

He wants to instruct in something bigger I guess. . .and, he's not a disabled [fill in appropriate socioeconomicly determined race] hairless midget with one arm, so he doesn't expect any preferences for his hiring.

Anyone have the FedEx mins from their last window? I've heard UPS wanted heavy PIC transoceanic time during their last, but how much?

Let's hear the votes, and the one with the best justification wins. . . a thanks?

Well the PIC seems obviously better as long as it's in turbine equipment, and the 1900 qualifies.

I wouldn't do it if it was Gulfstream though. It's not worth the experience to take a job at GIA and help them exploit the profession. So I would vote for the 1900 stree captain as long as it's not gulfstream, otherwise I'd go for the jet as long as it's not GoJet.

From what I have seen, Gulfstream captain rates are not horrible. What's the big deal? Great Lakes isn't exactly paying huge money for 1900s either. I say take the PIC turbine time. One caveat...I'd want to be darn sure that I would be able to pass 121 street captain training without getting a pink slip. That would not look very good to have a failure on your initial type ride. Go for the PIC!

From what I have seen, Gulfstream captain rates are not horrible. What's the big deal? Great Lakes isn't exactly paying huge money for 1900s either. I say take the PIC turbine time. One caveat...I'd want to be darn sure that I would be able to pass 121 street captain training without getting a pink slip. That would not look very good to have a failure on your initial type ride. Go for the PIC!

Their rates are beside the point, the place is run by a scab and you will be babysitting people who paid for thier "job" in the right seat. I guess if those things don't bother you, then gulfstream is fine.

For a CFI friend with 3000+ hours looking to change chairs before the music stops, which is better, 121 PIC or SIC?

The catch is PIC turboprop (mighty Beech 1900) or SIC in a nice shiny jet.

The goal is FedEx or Emery.

He wants to instruct in something bigger I guess. . .and, he's not a disabled [fill in appropriate socioeconomicly determined race] hairless midget with one arm, so he doesn't expect any preferences for his hiring.

Anyone have the FedEx mins from their last window? I've heard UPS wanted heavy PIC transoceanic time during their last, but how much?

Let's hear the votes, and the one with the best justification wins. . . a thanks?
PIC, PIC, PIC!! always take 121 PIC over jet time... all the airlines wanna see you were a leader a commander. PIC is key, def can get some jet time too in there if u can.

He missing the 1500 hours turbine and one lunar landing for FedEx, but instructing in turboprops is right up his alley. Having 19 people in the back versus 7 doesn't make that much difference to him either.

Student pilots, airline pilots, what's the difference?

Latest resources

Back