• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

111 AA pilots retired on 9-1-11!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep....Constellation or DC6 experience preferred. Candidates suitable to help introduce our new 707 Flagship sevice will be given priority.

Haha! Classic! I'm going to hold out for PanAm. AA will be BK in a year and PanAm will be around forever!

A crazy stock market and a floundering economy probably have more to do with the retirements. If someone thinks due to the financials it's too scarey to come work with us at AA, fine with me. As for me, I wish I were ten years younger attending class in DFW now. Could be a really good deal.

It'll likely be a very good deal to the first few classes of newhires, especially if one's 30 or younger. There may be some short term bumps in the road but once AMR's retirements kick in full gear, they will be hiring quite a few pilots, even if they downsize.

anyone remember what the minimums were last time they hired?

It doesn't matter. The new quals will be "can he or she fog a mirror?"

Taking all the Eagle guys will ameliorate the problem but the problem will remain.

TC

Theory

AA files bankruptcy...restructures to mostly international and very little domestic.

Jetblue is hiring aggressively and taking huge deliveries in the next 3 to 5 yrs.

Could it be that jetblue replaces what is now AA domestic?

Just a thought.

Latest resources

Back