Ibt files for single carrier . Flexjet/flightoptions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flex605

This day is welcome . Let's get RH packing and get our families and life the stability and certainty we all desire. Thanks to the Flexjet organizing committee for having the fortitude to bring us to this day .
God bless the USA and all the people that fought to make our country great .

About time the IBT for off their ass.

Perhaps. This tells me they don't have enough cards to call for an election at Flex. I really didn't think they'd file, at least until it was a last resort. Otherwise why go through all the trouble of a card drive if they were going to file anyway? It's really tough to tell what will happen, there are certainly people who will vote pro union that didn't send in a card and vice versa.

What's funny is according to today's email KR thinks he has the union beat. He says he wants FO to reap the rewards of the current growth while operating under individual employment agreements. Anyone at Flexjet that doesn't see the implication there better wake up real quick!

Well hell, now that I know it's the nasty union that has been holding us back all these years uncle crackhead has for sure secured my vote. If only I could have negotiated my own personal employment agreement on those unwarranted visits to the cockpit enroute. What an arrogant ass. Salad bowl, c.h. , Sylvester. All swine, pilot exploiters. The pool is drying up fast ****************************************. This ain't the 80's with pilots killing themselves to fly your junk.

I guess he means the individual employment agreement that Handschuch said wasn't worth the paper it's printed on? Gosh, how exciting...

Perhaps. This tells me they don't have enough cards to call for an election at Flex. I really didn't think they'd file, at least until it was a last resort. Otherwise why go through all the trouble of a card drive if they were going to file anyway? It's really tough to tell what will happen, there are certainly people who will vote pro union that didn't send in a card and vice versa.

Yeah, I don't think so... If you go to the other boards you'll see they needed 50% of the flex pilots just to go single carrier anyway. It's a total combined pilot group for Single Carrier and there's no way a simple majority at FLT-OPS would carry the day. The IBT doesn't lose these things because they are so careful to make sure their lead is more than comfortable. That means they had a majority from both groups.

All this announcement really means for Flex guys is they got somewhere between the 50% they needed and the 75% they wanted. The only reason they brought in the FLT-OPS guys was to speed up the process. Now we'll get SLI done this year versus not even voting until early next year if they had waited for more cards.

July 7, 2015

View in browser | Subscribe | AINonline.com

Union Asks for Single Carrier at Flight Options/Flexjet [FONT=&quot]International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 1108, the pilot union at fractional-share operation Flight Options, submitted a petition to the National Mediation Board (NMB) on July 4 asking the NMB to determine whether Flight Options and sister company Flexjet constitute a single transportation system. Both fractional providers are owned by Directional Aviation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to IBT 1008 executive board president Efrem Vojta, What happens now is the NMB will do an investigation to find out if Flight Options and Flexjet are running a parallel operation under [Directional Aviation]. If they are [determined to be a single carrier], we will then become a single carrier. And since 1108 represents Flight Options, there will be a vote among Flight Options and Flexjet pilots whether to have a representative agent.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Although Flexjet pilots are currently not represented by a union, they formed an organizing committee in January, Vojta said, and indications are that there is enough support among those pilots to vote for representation. We are confident that we have the numbers, he said. If the NMB determines that Flight Options and Flexjet are a single carrier and the pilots vote to join IBT 1108, then they will have to integrate both operations seniority lists and then negotiate a new joint collective-bargaining agreement with Directional Aviation.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Last year, Directional Aviation principal Kenn Ricci told AIN that the company wants a single operating system, the sooner the better. At the time, he wasn't sure whether the union would be able to gather enough votes.

I wonder what he thinks now?
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think so... If you go to the other boards you'll see they needed 50% of the flex pilots just to go single carrier anyway. It's a total combined pilot group for Single Carrier and there's no way a simple majority at FLT-OPS would carry the day. The IBT doesn't lose these things because they are so careful to make sure their lead is more than comfortable. That means they had a majority from both groups.

All this announcement really means for Flex guys is they got somewhere between the 50% they needed and the 75% they wanted. The only reason they brought in the FLT-OPS guys was to speed up the process. Now we'll get SLI done this year versus not even voting until early next year if they had waited for more cards.

Not that it matters anymore but the way I understood it is IBT could have petitioned at any time, however assuming approval that would've triggered a vote for them, no union, or some other union. They definitely didn't have the support early on so their best option was to get us to vote them in, that's leaves nothing to chance. My point earlier is that by petitioning instead of continuing the card drive there is still a chance that enough people on both sides will vote no and send them packing. Now they only need more than 50% of the combined group to vote yes so they must feel they have at least that.

Is the end of this year a realistic estimate to get all this done? Somehow I don't think it is going to be easy!

Is the end of this year a realistic estimate to get all this done? Somehow I don't think it is going to be easy!

The way I understand it is that you need 50% plus one of the votes cast.

So we will see who has a better get out the vote organization. There are probably lots of lazy pilots who don't care enough to vote so it will come down to who is more determined to vote.

My bet is that the union has stronger supportes who will cast a ballot.

Latest resources

Back