Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

just flew a 3-day with "special radio voice guy"...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Juniority

Normally he sounds like a basic midwestern American upper middle class college-educated white-guy D-bag...

but, when he keys the mic his voice suddenly goes all gravel and east Texas twang. Sometimes it's gravel + nasal at the same time (didn't think that was even possible). Sometimes it's just the east Texas twang but it comes out sounding like he's got a face full of Novocain.

Normally he sounds like a basic midwestern American upper middle class college-educated white-guy D-bag...

but, when he keys the mic his voice suddenly goes all gravel and east Texas twang. Sometimes it's gravel + nasal at the same time (didn't think that was even possible). Sometimes it's just the east Texas twang but it comes out sounding like he's got a face full of Novocain.

Cool story, bro!

Does he use the slang "what in the cornbread hell"?

Yes, yes, I'm sure you sound just like Anthony Hopkins.

No, I sound like what I am (I'm a basic midwestern American upper middle class college-educated ex-military white-guy D-bag), however, I don't do a "special radio voice" that sounds like a East Texan who's smoked 3 packs a day for 20 years.

Blame Slim Pickens. His character in "Dr. Strangelove" set the standard for what all pilots should sound like. :D

Latest resources

Back