Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

just flew a 3-day with "special radio voice guy"...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"...all we ask now is that you sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight."
Because your puny little mind can't think how to speak in normal conversation.
Because as you say this I'm getting the evil eye from an FA if I really "sit back" in my seat.
Because I can relax in the middle seat with 2 obese folks on each side of me.

And here's a trick: instead of trying to guess exactly how many degrees of deviation you need just state your request as "left" or "right". If ATC needs to limit you they'll say so.

Yeah- pet peeve of mine too. Even when I ask "whaddya think about left deviations", my F/O keys up "XX 123, request 10 left for Wx". Then the controller..sure enough..limits us to what he requested. Then it turns out we needed 25 left. Like the other guy said: let the controller limit you if he needs to!

I usually describe the cloud for the controller, since he can't see it from our viewpoint.
Example: "Hey Houston, we need to go around that Snoopy cloud about 10 miles ahead", or "Oye Mexico City, we need to deviate around that buildup that looks like Roger Rabbit".

Yeah- pet peeve of mine too. Even when I ask "whaddya think about left deviations", my F/O keys up "XX 123, request 10 left for Wx". Then the controller..sure enough..limits us to what he requested. Then it turns out we needed 25 left. Like the other guy said: let the controller limit you if he needs to!

How do you get one of those

All I have is a dog .

Latest resources

Back