• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Germanwings plane crashed intentionally by F/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CNN reported(I know its CNN) this morning that police found a sick note for the pilot from his doctor stating that said he was unfit to fly. He ignored the letter.

I saw those articles. Makes no sense that such a directive would be sent to the pilot. You would think that the information would go directly to the flight operations of the entity affected. Trust a person so depressed that the medical authorities believes him to be unfit to fly with the task of providing that information to his employer? I would suspect that in time there will be clarifications to this information.

This policy is not in place to prevent the crew member left behind from committing mass murder, this policy is in place because the airlines in the US are too cheap to equip the A/C's with security cameras..., the purpose of the C/A on the flight deck is to look through the peep hole and make sure the pilot returning is alone.

Many companies around the world use security cameras thus the procedure is not required....!

Think about it.., if this guy's intention was to do this, what's to prevent him from grabbing the ax and knocking the C/A out..! His intention was to KILL everyone, what difference would have made 110 pound girl on the flight deck..!

Uhhhhh, the 110 lb flight attendant could open the door and let the other pilot back in?? The jumpseat is normally close to the door....

Amirite?

Bye Bye---General Lee

CNN reported(I know its CNN) this morning that police found a sick note for the pilot from his doctor stating that said he was unfit to fly. He ignored the letter.

I think he actually ripped up the letter. I'm guessing he disagreed...

Bye Bye---General Lee

The sad thing about depression is we are faced with the decision of flying depressed to earn money for our families or take AT LEAST 6 MONTHS off to be evaluated for antidepressants...and you run the risk of the FAA saying no. So provide for your family or take a pill...tough choice. The FAA medicine rules are horrible and out dated. The side effects of medicines are pretty well know now. It really puts us into a corner...for God sakes it's almost impossible to take cold medicine! Anyway....rant over...God bless the families who lost loved ones in this tragedy.

So now German airlines will require a flight attendant to be in the cockpit during potty breaks like we do now. They think this is safe. Now you have just introduced another risk into the cockpit. What if the whacko flight attendant (and we have all seen them!) decides that today is the day and takes out the lone pilot. Now you have a suicidal flight attendant in charge of the plane. So tired of knee jerk reactions. Latest headline on CNN is how to guard against your pilot!

So now German airlines will require a flight attendant to be in the cockpit during potty breaks like we do now. They think this is safe. Now you have just introduced another risk into the cockpit. What if the whacko flight attendant (and we have all seen them!) decides that today is the day and takes out the lone pilot. Now you have a suicidal flight attendant in charge of the plane. So tired of knee jerk reactions. Latest headline on CNN is how to guard against your pilot!

There is no perfect solution for a person who is going to take his/her life

So now German airlines will require a flight attendant to be in the cockpit during potty breaks like we do now. They think this is safe. Now you have just introduced another risk into the cockpit. What if the whacko flight attendant (and we have all seen them!)

Let's just stop right there.
His previous profession was?

Latest resources

Back