• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
of all the things said so far this is the best... i think about his everytime i see the agents and cleaners dealing with all the nonsense... but pilots love to bitch... we are really good at it...

quote: You have a flying job. You get to fly a jet. How cool is that? Others clean your jet inside and out, others do your jet's flight planning, others fuel your jet, others deal with the passengers and their problems, others load the bags, others arrange for your transportation and hotels; and then, all you do is walk to the jet, get in the cockpit, put on your white flying gloves and fly. It doesn't get much better than that. Yes, you are right, white gloves are optional.

Some crew are happy with that dream job, but I'm sure that you and most of your friends here at FI, once they get to FL180, do nothing but complain. First it's about the crew desk, then dispatch, management, the F/A's, your spouse, your kids, the Union, Obama and of course, the guys who are flying past age-60 and how you are paying for that.

I'm so glad someone likes one of my comments. Thank you.

The old, senior, captains took a windfall. Most all of them did so completely ungraciously, BUT they already lost their asses [$], and were more than halfway to complete aholes anyway. For everyone else: Is it not most correct to say no one benefits from 65 until they work past 60? Even a kid who solos today? That's kind if how I view it anyway. Like in my own case, I figure if I'm out at 60 then I've not been a hypocrite (something I wish to avoid*)

Also, the safety issue: I believe what we're seeing in the world today is that the entire system is strained. The human endeavor of getting an airliner from a to b is faltering. We've seen specific airlines and Countries move more toward world standards that are laxed and I think we're going to see that stop. ICAO, and trying to match ICAO "standards" is a mistake in my opinion. This was a safer business when we didn't feel a need to follow or change our long standing rules to match anyone else's. We know age 60 had a perfect record. Are we going to have 40+ years of status quo to learn as much about 65? I hope so, but more than likely we'll see a health component levied that will over ride a basic maximum age.

Dude, you are a hypocrite because you will work past age 60, which is your
right in a free America!

You should concentrate on being the best pilot that you can be and not worry
about the more experienced, more senior pilots.

The law passed unaminously in Congress, probably because they wanted the
safety of experienced pilots flying the American public.

They don't want Whiney, inexperienced pilots ruining our good safety record!

Dude, you are a hypocrite because you will work past age 60, which is your
right in a free America!

You should concentrate on being the best pilot that you can be and not worry
about the more experienced, more senior pilots.

safety of experienced pilots flying the American public.

They don't want Whiney, inexperienced pilots ruining our good safety record!

I'm pretty sure if they delved into enough of your FI posts, you'd be next up for a brain scan. You're a complete whacko.

safety of experienced pilots flying the American

You're going to invoke the United States Congress as a measure of sound decision making and righteousness!?

I just shot my coffee out of my nose.

You're going to invoke the United States Congress as a measure of sound decision making and righteousness!?

I must admit I, too, found the Congress argument somewhat less than compelling.

What Congress did was simply vote in for the USA a retirement age rule for pilots that was consistent with the ICAO age-65 rule, which was already in near worldwide use as of December, 2006. Otherwise, it just didn't make sense for an American pilot to be forced to retire at age 60 and then be able to fly into the USA as long as he/she was flying an airplane of non-USA registry.

Now, the age-65 rule is a standard, worldwide.

Our FAA failed totally on this, and it was the Congress that made things right.

What Congress did was simply vote in for the USA a retirement age rule for pilots that was consistent with the ICAO age-65 rule, which was already in near worldwide use as of December, 2006. Otherwise, it just didn't make sense for an American pilot to be forced to retire at age 60 and then be able to fly into the USA as long as he/she was flying an airplane of non-USA registry.

Now, the age-65 rule is a standard, worldwide.

Our FAA failed totally on this, and it was the Congress that made things right.

No, it's not standard. There are Geritol drinking fossils flying jets all over the planet well past the age of 65. The FAA, Congress, and ICAO have ALL failed on this issue.

Latest resources

Back